Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my baby is sideways.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 11 Replies
I used to only feel him in my right rib and then today I started being able to feel him on both sides. It's almost as if he is lying horizontal in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeforchrist
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:53 PM

transverse babies are pretty normal during the 20's. He should mve on his own. If not check out spinningbabies

KeiraRose
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:57 PM

He might just be slowly turning upside down getting in the ready. Mine did that and at the next dr visit she was in the head down position and then she dropped lol.

heatherd09
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Like the 20 weeks? Cause I'm 33 weeks, lol.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

transverse babies are pretty normal during the 20's. He should mve on his own. If not check out spinningbabies

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherd09
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I'm gonna ask my dr on Monday how he is positioned. I've been trying to figure it out but for the life of me I can't!

Quoting KeiraRose:

He might just be slowly turning upside down getting in the ready. Mine did that and at the next dr visit she was in the head down position and then she dropped lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM
He might be. He still has plenty of time to flip. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:05 PM
My little guy has been sideways for months. I'm 32 weeks tomorrow. At my last appt my dr said he is on my left side ( as always ) his head is down and more towards my left hip and his feet are over by my right ribs... I feels him move back to transverse every once and a while. My 3rd was breech until 37 weeks. I did spinningbabies.com. I've been doing that with this little guy but he always moves back in the same old position. Hoping he turns soon and stays!
Duquesne
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Spinning babies exercises/techniques are wonderful whether or not baby is in position:)

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshSpringer
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM
My little guy was "stuck" in the transverse position for most of my pregnancy. I have a bicornate uterus so he didn't have a lot of room. I was days away from having to pick a date for my c-section when he flipped and dropped at the same time!! My water broke a few days later. He wad born at 36+6. Check out spinning babies and try not to stress. I have heard of some babies not turning head down until labor begins :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2littledaisies
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Mine just flipped at 36 weeks she was sideways too. Kinda freaked me out bc my other two flipped much sooner. I'm 39 weeks and she's stayed head down.

Quoting heatherd09:

Like the 20 weeks? Cause I'm 33 weeks, lol.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I am 37 weeks 2 days and my dd is footling breech. I did everything I read about except websters technique and an ECV to try and get her to turn but nothing :(
I'm losing any hope that she will turn on her own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured