Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

would you find a new doc/midwife

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 37 Replies
If they said to you I bet money that your gunna miscarry your babies? Mine said that and I'm livid and wanna change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabieBeat
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Strange ~ but yup...xo

purvislets
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I would have walked out immediately and never looked back.  That is absolutely horrible!

SendMeBabyDust
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM
excuse me? they said that WHY? highly inappropriate and I would of lost it. I'm sorry you were spoke to that way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:22 PM

are you on drugs or something? I mean what was the reason behind saying that. I only ask because if they said something like that maybe you were being stubborn and didn't want to change something that could kill your baby? then no you should not switch because you would act the same with any doctor. I just cant imagine a doctor just meeting with you and saying that for no reason.

Ginnygurl97
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Why would they say that? Do you have any health indication that would warrant that? I've had two m/c, and am high risk w asthma and kidney issues. But my doc has been 100% positive about it and is extra careful and gives me the confidence that I'm going to have a beautiful healthy little boy. (I do also have a 7 yr old son) he's really helped keep me calm which a major factor. Stress can sometimes really affect a pregnancy. Assuming everything is ok medically and physically, the last person you should have it from is your caregiver. :-( even if there is a reason for doubt, your caregiver should still be supportive, while being honest. I don't know, if it were me I would definitely switch. Good Luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ginnygurl97
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
That wasn't very nice :-(

Quoting rayroe2:

are you on drugs or something? I mean what was the reason behind saying that. I only ask because if they said something like that maybe you were being stubborn and didn't want to change something that could kill your baby? then no you should not switch because you would act the same with any doctor. I just cant imagine a doctor just meeting with you and saying that for no reason.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Oceana09
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I would get a new one.

-SamSam-
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I would want to know the reason why they said that and if it as a medical concern but they were talking that way so I would find a new doctor and take their "reasoning" to the next doctor.

mjhelgeson
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM
My doctor said that because i'm 6 Weeks and theres still no heart beat on my twins.and because once miscarried once and a stillborn in August Im doing everything right to be safe for my babies

Quoting rayroe2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Definitely

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN