Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are pregnant you need to look into this. Please don't just do it because "everyone is doing it" Get educated and know what you're doing... I'm still not decided but pretty sure we will not be doing it to our son. This is not for an argument but just to remind you there are many things you need to look into and know before you just let some stranger take your newborn! Check out this youtube video of a guys first time experiencing it... http://youtu.be/F7DgceWbsSY

You can also see videos of the actual procedure on youtube if you look for them to see how they are done.

If you think circumcision is the best option for you and your family please let your dr. know you want your son to have an anesthetic.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
Salsacookies
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Also if you chose to get it done, be prepared to pay out of pocket as a lot of insurance does not cover it. We wanted to get our twin boys done, but it would have been 700 for the both of them...350 a piece. I was told it was only 200. We did not have that much money up front and since it was an elective procedure, they wouldn't take payments, so they are intact. And, anesthesia is routine in a medical setting. The actual procedure is not as traumatic as people say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2babys2mamas
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:57 PM
6 moms liked this
My doctor asked us whether or not we had decided if we were going to circumsize our boys, her head was down, and I could tell that she was uncomfortable even asking the question. We explained that we had decided years ago that if we had a boy we would not choose to circumsize him unless there was a medical reason. My doctors face lit up, and she said there was absolutely no medical reason to circumsize our children. She told us that it was purely cosmetic, and she, as a doctor, refuses to perform circumcisions.

This isn't the middle ages, we have anti bacterial soaps, and teaching the boys proper hygiene is always important. If our sons want it done, they can elect to do it when they are adults, assuming they want it badly enough.

Quoting kimmie3577:

Well first off it is up to the parent of that child, everyone has a right to do what they want, if i have a boy i will be having it done.... if you ask a doctor they said it is cleaner and better for them to have it done... but like i said it is up to the mother of the child ...

Dom519
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM
3 moms liked this

My son was circumcised we had it done for easier cleaning and health benefits out way the emotional concern he healed well pooped on the table when he had it done lol but in the long run for him it was a good decision. Im pregnant now with out second baby boy and i will have him circumcised too.

Mazie0723
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:04 PM
7 moms liked this
My two sons and this boy I'm carrying are intact. I saw no concrete evidence to mutilate their genitals.
kimmie3577
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quoting orangeshirt:

If your doctor tells you that, your doctor doesn't research fully. I'm not arguing whether you feel you have a right, but there is no factual evidence to prove that an intact male who is taught proper hygiene for an intact penis is any dirtier or worse off.

Quoting kimmie3577:

Well first off it is up to the parent of that child, everyone has a right to do what they want, if i have a boy i will be having it done.... if you ask a doctor they said it is cleaner and better for them to have it done... but like i said it is up to the mother of the child ...

well that was the doctor who did my stepson, and that is what my husband told me he was told, every doctor is different, and like i said we all different and rather one feels there is no need to do another feels there is , too me i rather have my son done if im having a boy... if you dont want to have your son done then that is your choice either one is a bad choice....

Momma2013
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:22 PM

That's not true, ,those videos are VERY close and IDENTICAL to how it happens in SOME cases. Maybe not yours but many people I've talked to have confirmed it. Said they heard their own child screaming too. I'm glad you were able to watch it being done to your son, it shows that you truly cared for him and that they took enough care to allow the parents to watch.

And whether they're out there for drama or not doesn't excuse the fact that ocassionally that IS the way it is done.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Those videos are not even close to how it happens. At least not in my experience and I have watched it being done on my own child. I think those are out there for the drama.

But I do agree, it is not a decision to be taken lightly. Parents should educate themselves and consider it carefully because once done, it cannot be undone. I researched very carefully before deciding that my sons would be circumcised.

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:21 PM
3 moms liked this

We would never choose to do that.. our little ones are born perfect! 

orangeshirt
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Every doctor is different, true. Unfortunately, facts do not differ.

Quoting kimmie3577:

Quoting orangeshirt:

If your doctor tells you that, your doctor doesn't research fully. I'm not arguing whether you feel you have a right, but there is no factual evidence to prove that an intact male who is taught proper hygiene for an intact penis is any dirtier or worse off.

Quoting kimmie3577:

well that was the doctor who did my stepson, and that is what my husband told me he was told, every doctor is different, and like i said we all different and rather one feels there is no need to do another feels there is , too me i rather have my son done if im having a boy... if you dont want to have your son done then that is your choice either one is a bad choice....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm expecting my boy any day now and will be keeping him intact. It was a decision me and my hubs made.
bookjunkie1214
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

we chose not to hes fine no infection and  i could never do that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured