Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you are pregnant you need to look into this. Please don't just do it because "everyone is doing it" Get educated and know what you're doing... I'm still not decided but pretty sure we will not be doing it to our son. This is not for an argument but just to remind you there are many things you need to look into and know before you just let some stranger take your newborn! Check out this youtube video of a guys first time experiencing it... http://youtu.be/F7DgceWbsSY

You can also see videos of the actual procedure on youtube if you look for them to see how they are done.

If you think circumcision is the best option for you and your family please let your dr. know you want your son to have an anesthetic.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
RedheadMama18
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this

We had already decided before we found out we're having a boy that we would not circumcise.  We just don't see any reason to do it.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I won't click that now, but have seen some before.

But I wouldn't want to circ my kids, it's too unnecessarily risky.  

VanessaCB
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Great but anti-bacterial soaps are not good for you. No ones needs them. They mess up with the natural, healthy bacteria in your skin and can create problems. Definitely keep them away from your and your child's genitals. From I what I understand, you should not be using any soap at all in the genitals but especially not inside the foreskin. I have to use some soap down in my genitals or I won't feel clean so I use some regular soap, no anti-bacterial anything.

Quoting 2babys2mamas:

My doctor asked us whether or not we had decided if we were going to circumsize our boys, her head was down, and I could tell that she was uncomfortable even asking the question. We explained that we had decided years ago that if we had a boy we would not choose to circumsize him unless there was a medical reason. My doctors face lit up, and she said there was absolutely no medical reason to circumsize our children. She told us that it was purely cosmetic, and she, as a doctor, refuses to perform circumcisions.

This isn't the middle ages, we have anti bacterial soaps, and teaching the boys proper hygiene is always important. If our sons want it done, they can elect to do it when they are adults, assuming they want it badly enough.

Quoting kimmie3577:

Well first off it is up to the parent of that child, everyone has a right to do what they want, if i have a boy i will be having it done.... if you ask a doctor they said it is cleaner and better for them to have it done... but like i said it is up to the mother of the child ...

2babys2mamas
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:37 AM

My apologies, I should have been more clear, we have antibacterial soaps for hand washing etc. in fact, cleaning with warm water is sufficient for an intact child, no soaps needed.

Quoting VanessaCB:

savyjoel
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Please research--this is the biggest regret of my life (letting my baby be cut on for daddy's sake!!!  Stupid! reason.  TRUTH is there is NO REASON for it.)

SaraSnider
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My baby has all his skin :) no need to remove it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM
My baby's father wanted my son done and i ended up breaking up with him because of that and he tried telling me i couldnt breast feed because he didnt want a "soft" boy

Quoting savyjoel:

Please research--this is the biggest regret of my life (letting my baby be cut on for daddy's sake!!!  Stupid! reason.  TRUTH is there is NO REASON for it.)

Momma2013
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Not trying to upset anyone but can you please elaborate? Why do you regret it so much? I strongly believe against it - however I'd like another's personal experience for helping prove my point. And just know that I don't blame you and I hope nobody does. There really isn't enough attention brought to whether or not to circ. Fact is PLENTY goes wrong in both cases and parents need to be told about both sides!

Quoting savyjoel:

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM

There are a lot of men that are angry it was done to them without their permission.
  Many men even work to reconstruct.

My husband has been upset his whole life mostly because of what was removed he needed-- he was using, and was important for his health & to be normal, and also because it wasn't done well.

Quoting Momma2013:

Not trying to upset anyone but can you please elaborate? Why do you regret it so much? I strongly believe against it - however I'd like another's personal experience for helping prove my point. And just know that I don't blame you and I hope nobody does. There really isn't enough attention brought to whether or not to circ. Fact is PLENTY goes wrong in both cases and parents need to be told about both sides!

Quoting savyjoel:

x_Starr_x
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
to each there own my boys are snipped and I made sure I was with them during the process one of my main reasons for choosing to do so is cleanliness and there's is less risk for my boys yo get HPV as the virus breeds in the folds. but also appearance is another reason.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN