Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you are pregnant you need to look into this. Please don't just do it because "everyone is doing it" Get educated and know what you're doing... I'm still not decided but pretty sure we will not be doing it to our son. This is not for an argument but just to remind you there are many things you need to look into and know before you just let some stranger take your newborn! Check out this youtube video of a guys first time experiencing it... http://youtu.be/F7DgceWbsSY

You can also see videos of the actual procedure on youtube if you look for them to see how they are done.

If you think circumcision is the best option for you and your family please let your dr. know you want your son to have an anesthetic.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Replies (31-40):
MomRocs1102
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:34 AM

I did and dont regret it.

amc103
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Im not trying to argue, but you did it for appearance too? Just because you like the way a circumsized penis looks doesn't mean he will when he's older. To each their own, but one of the things I thought about was that it comes with foreskin...if HE doesnt like the way it looks, he can make the choice to have it done later. Once done you cant go back! I wouldnt want to risk him being angry with me that I made the choice for him. Thats besides all the health reasons. But, your son's penis isnt my concern, lol! Im glad you did what you felt was right for him. Thats all every baby needs. :-) And Im serious-no sarcasm! truly. 

Quoting x_Starr_x:

to each there own my boys are snipped and I made sure I was with them during the process one of my main reasons for choosing to do so is cleanliness and there's is less risk for my boys yo get HPV as the virus breeds in the folds. but also appearance is another reason.

x_Starr_x
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:03 PM
one of my boys is old enough now and he's not mad at me lol I said one reason is appearance it's a perk not a reason my other reason is the main reason I did it. and with my youngest I'm glad I had his done for one of my major reasons.

Quoting amc103:

Im not trying to argue, but you did it for appearance too? Just because you like the way a circumsized penis looks doesn't mean he will when he's older. To each their own, but one of the things I thought about was that it comes with foreskin...if HE doesnt like the way it looks, he can make the choice to have it done later. Once done you cant go back! I wouldnt want to risk him being angry with me that I made the choice for him. Thats besides all the health reasons. But, your son's penis isnt my concern, lol! Im glad you did what you felt was right for him. Thats all every baby needs. :-) And Im serious-no sarcasm! truly. 

Quoting x_Starr_x:

to each there own my boys are snipped and I made sure I was with them during the process one of my main reasons for choosing to do so is cleanliness and there's is less risk for my boys yo get HPV as the virus breeds in the folds. but also appearance is another reason.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:23 PM
I did my ds I'm having a dd this time but I would totally do it again to another boy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Racheldp20
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is totally against it for what seem to be valid reasons so I'm gonna trust his opinion on this one...after all, he is a guy so I'm gonna trust his intuition here.

amc103
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Thats good then! I think as parents, we need to feel like we've chosen the right things for our babies, and it sounds like you did what works for you and your family. Im happy about that, even if my opinion is differnet than yours. You sound like a caring mommy and in the end, thats whats most important. :-)

Quoting x_Starr_x:

one of my boys is old enough now and he's not mad at me lol I said one reason is appearance it's a perk not a reason my other reason is the main reason I did it. and with my youngest I'm glad I had his done for one of my major reasons.

Quoting amc103:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Hoevegirl1986
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Same, i dont have to watch the video i was in the room holding my sons hand when he got it done! And the dr and nurse said it was the clames they have ever seen a baby!

Quoting mama-smurf:

My son is circumsized and i wouldnt have it any other way. Hes happy and healthy. :D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiiSecurity
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:36 AM
I got my sons done. I don't think a boy really cares about it unless he gets made fun for either having it fine or not having it done. It is up to the parents to decide whether they get it done or not. He is YOUR son and you decide what's best for him when he can't make decisions for himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
We did not circ our son( who is now 4). DH was very clear that it should be DS's choice. Thankfully our Dr. fully supported that. We have had no problems and there is no need for extra cleaning, it is not retracting yet. If we have another boy he will be left intact as well.
x_Starr_x
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:20 AM
thanks I try not to judge either everyone has there own beliefs.

Quoting amc103:

Thats good then! I think as parents, we need to feel like we've chosen the right things for our babies, and it sounds like you did what works for you and your family. Im happy about that, even if my opinion is differnet than yours. You sound like a caring mommy and in the end, thats whats most important. :-)

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting amc103:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN