Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you are pregnant you need to look into this. Please don't just do it because "everyone is doing it" Get educated and know what you're doing... I'm still not decided but pretty sure we will not be doing it to our son. This is not for an argument but just to remind you there are many things you need to look into and know before you just let some stranger take your newborn! Check out this youtube video of a guys first time experiencing it... http://youtu.be/F7DgceWbsSY

You can also see videos of the actual procedure on youtube if you look for them to see how they are done.

If you think circumcision is the best option for you and your family please let your dr. know you want your son to have an anesthetic.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
mama2gg
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM
We had a friend do his when he was 22

The doctors said the recovery time as an adult is 9 weeks longer then the fast healing of a newborn AND more painful

He was right he cried everytime he peed
For WEEKS

Newborn don't cry when they pee its done and over

Quoting amc103:

Im not trying to argue, but you did it for appearance too? Just because you like the way a circumsized penis looks doesn't mean he will when he's older. To each their own, but one of the things I thought about was that it comes with foreskin...if HE doesnt like the way it looks, he can make the choice to have it done later. Once done you cant go back! I wouldnt want to risk him being angry with me that I made the choice for him. Thats besides all the health reasons. But, your son's penis isnt my concern, lol! Im glad you did what you felt was right for him. Thats all every baby needs. :-) And Im serious-no sarcasm! truly. 

Quoting x_Starr_x:

to each there own my boys are snipped and I made sure I was with them during the process one of my main reasons for choosing to do so is cleanliness and there's is less risk for my boys yo get HPV as the virus breeds in the folds. but also appearance is another reason.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adair.lovebound
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I am not circumcising my son. 

-Kney-
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:38 AM

My oldest is and this one will be.. just my personal choice and I rather have it done when they are newborns not remember the pain then have them go when they are older and be in pain.

Everyone has their own views on this and half the time it can turn into a debate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud mommy to a happy and healthy 6 year old boy plus I have another little boy on the way.. who is madly in love with her soldier.

Bentley Aaron will make his way in this world November 26, 2012 by a repeat c-section :)

amc103
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM

No doubt its painful, even at 22! But at least at that age, he can understand why its happening and vocalize his feelings about it. Newborns dont know what's going on. All they know is there is pain and not only can they not get any explination for it, they cant do more than cry to vocalize how they feel about it. :-( IMO it would be better to do at 22 if it had to be done at all. To each their own, though! :-)

Quoting mama2gg:

The doctors said the recovery time as an adult is 9 weeks longer then the fast healing of a newborn AND more painful

For WEEKS

Quoting amc103:

Im not trying to argue, but you did it for appearance too? Just because you like the way a circumsized penis looks doesn't mean he will when he's older. To each their own, but one of the things I thought about was that it comes with foreskin...if HE doesnt like the way it looks, he can make the choice to have it done later. Once done you cant go back! I wouldnt want to risk him being angry with me that I made the choice for him. Thats besides all the health reasons. But, your son's penis isnt my concern, lol! Im glad you did what you felt was right for him. Thats all every baby needs. :-) And Im serious-no sarcasm! truly. 

Quoting x_Starr_x:

to each there own my boys are snipped and I made sure I was with them during the process one of my main reasons for choosing to do so is cleanliness and there's is less risk for my boys yo get HPV as the virus breeds in the folds. but also appearance is another reason.

mama2gg
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM

lol, Im sorry I find these fights so funny he NEVER would know the difference what does it matter you can't MISS what you never had haha its a TOTALLY personal choice a MOM and DAD not a baby.

Quoting amc103:

No doubt its painful, even at 22! But at least at that age, he can understand why its happening and vocalize his feelings about it. Newborns dont know what's going on. All they know is there is pain and not only can they not get any explination for it, they cant do more than cry to vocalize how they feel about it. :-( IMO it would be better to do at 22 if it had to be done at all. To each their own, though! :-)

Quoting mama2gg:

For WEEKS

Quoting amc103:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

amc103
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Hey, Im sorry if I came off like I was fighting with you! I really was not. Just stating my opinion, like you did yours. :-) I really didnt mean to offend you. Thats why I said to each their own at the end. I think sometimes posts online can be misunderstood. :-/ I choose not to do it with my son because of the things Ive posted about in the replies. I think there is a big difference between a fight online and an informed discussion, which is what I was trying to do. 

Quoting mama2gg:

lol, Im sorry I find these fights so funny he NEVER would know the difference what does it matter you can't MISS what you never had haha its a TOTALLY personal choice a MOM and DAD not a baby.

Quoting amc103:

Quoting mama2gg:

For WEEKS

Quoting amc103:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Momma2013
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

It's funny? I think it's sad that people think it's just a choice like cutting his hair. It's not - it'll never grow back and it'll never be the same. MANY times things get messed up and the baby has to get it redone later in life. More than 100 babies DIE from getting circumcised so it's not just whether or not you want the foreskin but it's a risk to your childs life! People need to realize this is about SO much more than just looks!

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting amc103:

Quoting mama2gg:

For WEEKS

Quoting amc103:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Maks1mommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:39 AM
I'm still on the fence about it. Dh insists that we circ our boy but it almost seems pointless to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I am so sorry for what he went through, but you can miss what you never had. There are many men who go through a restoration procedure because they learn what is lost when the foreskin is removed. Every man is different and there is no way to tell how your son will feel when he is an adult. All we can do is make a choice for them and hope for the best.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting amc103:

Quoting mama2gg:

For WEEKS

Quoting amc103:

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
birthymom4
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Just don't get COSMETIC surgery for your kids....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)