Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you are pregnant you need to look into this. Please don't just do it because "everyone is doing it" Get educated and know what you're doing... I'm still not decided but pretty sure we will not be doing it to our son. This is not for an argument but just to remind you there are many things you need to look into and know before you just let some stranger take your newborn! Check out this youtube video of a guys first time experiencing it... http://youtu.be/F7DgceWbsSY

You can also see videos of the actual procedure on youtube if you look for them to see how they are done.

If you think circumcision is the best option for you and your family please let your dr. know you want your son to have an anesthetic.

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Replies (81-83):
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:36 PM
He didn't authorize hormonal bc for actually controlling birth, he authorized it for use in treatment of certain medical conditions. Catholics never have been 'allowed' to use bc to control birth

You said you circ'd for religious reasons and that you didn't even consider other reasons because the religious one was foremost in your mind. I gave you the exact wording of the catechism that shows you it is not a religious requirement for Catholics nor is it even ok according to catholic teachings. I understand its upsetting to learn you mistakenly did something for your church that you were not actually supposed to do. My mom did the same thing. She was shocked when she found out it was not something Catholics are supposed to do.

Quoting jenzachsam:

Catholics aren't supposed to take birth control either, but the pope authorized it also John Paul II.  Thanks for the read though.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichaelsMom0711
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

oh yea I did, all thru the years too! part of that was cuz i'm from Chicago and  eventhough we're in a good neighborhood, the Chicago public school system sucks terribly. my boys will go to the public schools in a surrounding suburb though cuz those are just as good as Catholic schools without the cliques and favoritism! I'll probably send them to CCD instead too

Quoting jenzachsam:

You had to go to Catholic schools too!  I went to elementry, middle and high school.  I even have all my sacrments too lol!  I just have to remind myself not to eat meat on Fridays lol!  

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

everyone always has to have something to say about Catholics, dont u know that by now?! im Roman Catholic too, not that I practice it much, but I went to Catholic schools and my sons are/will be baptised in the church and my whole family is Catholic as well. this is a great point about the birth control AND its another great point u made in ur other reply about people who pierce their baby girls' ears, it is the same thing, actually worse, cuz its not being performed by a Dr!

Quoting jenzachsam:

Catholics aren't supposed to take birth control either, but the pope authorized it also John Paul II.  Thanks for the read though.  

jenzachsam
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Thanks again for the read.  :)

Quoting norahsmommy:

He didn't authorize hormonal bc for actually controlling birth, he authorized it for use in treatment of certain medical conditions. Catholics never have been 'allowed' to use bc to control birth

You said you circ'd for religious reasons and that you didn't even consider other reasons because the religious one was foremost in your mind. I gave you the exact wording of the catechism that shows you it is not a religious requirement for Catholics nor is it even ok according to catholic teachings. I understand its upsetting to learn you mistakenly did something for your church that you were not actually supposed to do. My mom did the same thing. She was shocked when she found out it was not something Catholics are supposed to do.

Quoting jenzachsam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)