Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

MIL says everything should be ready for baby by now..do you agree?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM
  • 72 Replies

This is what MIL is saying to me. Ive heard so many snide remarks that I just dont know what to say anymore! i'm only 17 wks 3 days and I wouldnt even know the gender if I hadnt paid extra to find out. I was told that by 5 months I should have EVERYTHING ready for baby's arrival and that If BIL and his gf were pregnant they would already have everything...wtf???? This is my first pregnancy so maybe I'm stupid...Ive bought some outfits, a basinett, some socks, and diapers I thought i was doing pretty well

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

you're fine. with this pregnancy we didn't buy 1 single thing until we found out the sex at 20 weeks. even then, its been a slow process. I am 38 weeks and still buying things here and there, although I am done for the most part as I have the most important things. as long as you buying things here and there, you should be fine.

sdunaway08
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Uhh...then I'm one giant failure lol. I'm still not 100% ready and am 32 weeks 2 days. I didnt have my first baby shower (it was a surprise from friends) until 27 weeks and my DHs side held us a shower at 29 weeks. I still have a few more purchases to make still lol.

scperdomo
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh please. I'm 37 weeks and don't even have everything ready. Tell MIL to shove it, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silka08
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Not really lol. In fact, some cultures buy nothing until AFTER birth. Do wbat YOU are comfortable with, its not MILs baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie23
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM

LOL!  You do what you feel is right.  I didn't even have a baby shower until 36wks.... Put the carseat in the car the weekend before baby was born..  If you have everything ready now, you will more than likely be rushing baby to get out.. which isn't always good.  IMO just take your time and do what you feel is right.  Maybe your MIL is excited?!

Jblaac57
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM

she said the reason i should be ready is because baby can come anytime after 20 wks...im like umm i sure hope not he wouldnt be very healthy :(

Quoting sdunaway08:

Uhh...then I'm one giant failure lol. I'm still not 100% ready and am 32 weeks 2 days. I didnt have my first baby shower (it was a surprise from friends) until 27 weeks and my DHs side held us a shower at 29 weeks. I still have a few more purchases to make still lol.

CafeMom Tickers
Jblaac57
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM

she doesnt like me very much so im not sure if she is excited or just finding another way to put me down..she doesnt act very excited about him

Quoting heathermarie23:

LOL!  You do what you feel is right.  I didn't even have a baby shower until 36wks.... Put the carseat in the car the weekend before baby was born..  If you have everything ready now, you will more than likely be rushing baby to get out.. which isn't always good.  IMO just take your time and do what you feel is right.  Maybe your MIL is excited?!

CafeMom Tickers
Mazie0723
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I'm 30 weeks and don't have everything ready. We have clothes only because Ive already had two boys. He has his car seat but still no bed.lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM
your fine. I didnt have everything for ds until like 6 weeks before delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermarie23
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

OOOh, I see... well anyone who didn't like me... their opinion wouldn't matter to me anyway ;-)

Quoting Jblaac57:

she doesnt like me very much so im not sure if she is excited or just finding another way to put me down..she doesnt act very excited about him

Quoting heathermarie23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)