Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Was there anyone you dreaded telling about this pregnancy?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM
  • 91 Replies
Was there anyone you dreaded telling about this pregnancy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife2jeff
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM
My husbands family. They think two kids are plenty. I happen to like big families. This is #3...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mr.scariesmommy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM
My dad still doesn't know and I'm 18wks. He says that I have had enough kids but I don't feel that way since I have just my boys living with me. So around Xmas I'm going to tell him. He lives a state away from me so I'm not too worried about it but I just haven't told him yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lulu_tattoos
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:44 AM
I knew most of my family wouldn't be overly excited about it. My grandmother had told me just a couple months before we conceived that she was just "getting too tired to handle any more babies" when I mentioned that we might have another. But she's never been negative about it. No one has, at least not to our faces. We told every one at around 5-6 weeks.

Basically, its not anyone else's household and they can shove their opinions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:48 AM
my mom because i had ds 3 1/2 months before. He is turning 1 the 28th and i am 33 almost 34 weeks preggo with ds2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I was nervous to tell my friend about my last pregnancy because she was trying really hard to get pregnant and thought she might be but wasn't and I had just started trying.

wife2jeff
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I worry about telling a friend who has been struggling with infertility:/

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I was nervous to tell my friend about my last pregnancy because she was trying really hard to get pregnant and thought she might be but wasn't and I had just started trying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mj.bullion
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Nope. We were trying for over 2.5yrs with one miscarriage so they all knew it was coming when it finally did. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soaringflutes
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't told my very elderly friend, because I'm single, and she used to be a nun!  I guess she will eventually find out, but right now I don't care to be judged.  I still think it's better to be single than with the wrong guy.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:38 AM

My friend took it really well surprisingly. She had to have surgery to clear all the crap out of her ovaries and uterus and remove the septum in her uterus. Then she got pregnant right away. But That didn't happen until after I had my baby. I was 6 months pregnant when she found out she had the septum and was told she could never get pregnant. I felt so bad. I think the best thing is to just tell her. Hopefully she will be understanding and not bitter.

Quoting wife2jeff:

I worry about telling a friend who has been struggling with infertility:/

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Mommi3-Sarah
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone in my family..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN