Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Was there anyone you dreaded telling about this pregnancy?

Posted by   + Show Post
Was there anyone you dreaded telling about this pregnancy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Replies (51-60):
wkukid
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My brother in law. He had a girl recently fake a pregnancy and miscarriage on him and he found out the truth later. I think it's gonna be hard on him.

femaleMIKE
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:07 PM

My manager.  We are already shorthanded and I feel that the first thing she is going to think about is how my maternity leave is going to affect her vacation days.  When our coworker retired, thats the first worry  she expressed. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Congrats Joy!

Quoting wife2jeff:

My husbands family. They think two kids are plenty. I happen to like big families. This is #3...

.KFeatherable.
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:33 PM

for the first 12 weeks.. everyone! I was NFP. My periods became irregular while I was still breastfeeding my now 19 month old and I lost track of my ovulations. I thought we were in the safe zone for unprotected sex, but I was wrong.

AidanCamsMom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM

My in-laws. They didn't want us to have anymore than 2. We already have 3 and this baby makes 4.

jmart1016
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Well im only 19 so i was super nervous to tell anyone at first but now everyone knows and its a lot easier
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsoman
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

My dad. He is always skeptical about my decisions because he struggled a lot financially after my parents split. He reacted just about as negatively as I thought he would. But my mom talked to him (she was upset that he wasn't excited) and he is warming up to it now. I think the fact that it's a boy helped. I am an only child and I think he's excited to have somebody to do boy things with. Besides my husband, lol.

Sheilamommyof3
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM
My ex cause we aren't divorced yet! I left him because of the abuse and went to domestic violence shelter etc but we still talk here and there bout the kids and they talk to him and I really didn't wna tell him I was preg. Its not really his biz because I'm not with him and am plannin on stayin away but for some stupid reason I thought he needed to knw.I told him when I was about 10wks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mzwest83
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:23 PM

EVERYONE! I didn't even want to tell hubby! My pregnancy always end in early babies ( 37 weeks). My mom has a very hard time with it and my mother in law thinks 2 is plenty. This is number 5

xAvas_Mommyx
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I am in the same boat as you. My SIL also struggles with infertility. I made DH tell his brother because I knew she wasn't going to be happy about it. We are no longer on speaking terms with her at the moment.

Quoting wife2jeff:

I worry about telling a friend who has been struggling with infertility:/

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I was nervous to tell my friend about my last pregnancy because she was trying really hard to get pregnant and thought she might be but wasn't and I had just started trying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN