Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time mom TERRIFIED

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm so scared of this! I'm scared I won't b a good mom :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof415767
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

you will be a great mom...I think we all feel or felt that way...when are you due? once that baby is in ur arms you will forget this feeling you have right now....congrats I think I had the same feeling with all 4 of my kids...dont be sad to feel this way you are a normal mom and if you need to talk pm me.

Candace8609
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:03 AM
It will all come natural when the baby gets put in ur arms :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Calm down just give your baby unconditional love.

Quoting lovemybaby20:

I'm so scared of this! I'm scared I won't b a good mom :'(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethany0199
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

what are you scared of...maybe seeking a therapist can help..heres the thing if u think youre gonna be bad at something- anything then u already destined urself to be.i also dont beleive in bad mothers only poor choices,,, unless u eat ur child or something horrendous even then u just needded some serious help... [trying to be comical]  dont be negative nancy otherwise u will be just what u are afraid of,...a bad mother 

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM
I don't think what you are feeling is abnormal. We are all scared to screw up as parents. There is no handbook on parenting, we all learn as our children grow. I don't think it calls for a therapist, I don't think its that deep, unless you're having anxiety over it in which case id seek help for the anxiety . Take new parent classes, buy a few books and talk to your OB/midwife... breath chicka, it will be oka ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BosGirl0906
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Me too. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I've had 2 m/c. My DH and I have been trying to have a baby for over 2 years. I've been to dr's, had so many tests done, have had to get bloodwork done every 6 wks, and take meds. I've wanted a baby for so long. And now that I'm actually having one, I'm totally freaked out. My DH acts like its no big deal and I'm like "we're gonna be responsible for another person's life!". I think it's jus normal. And like the other women have said, once your baby is here, it'll come natural. You just have to stay calm. Good luck!
kimmie3577
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I think every first time mom has that feeling I know i did  when i first had my daughter she is 2 years old now and i believe im a really good mom, im on to number 2 and i still get that feeling ... it is normal you will be fine

KCartair
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM
That's how I felt when I first had my son. There is nothing to worry about. I had help & I read up on a bunch of things to do & what not to do. It helps a lot. You will be a good mom don't worry.
Jacylove
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM
I felt like this at one point, & u just need support and to learn, but ur mommy instincts will kick in on it's own don't worry it's what's us women were born to do, to take care of life
lovemybaby20
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Thanks for responding. :) but yeah I'm also mostly afraid of SIDS. See, I saw my niece dead and the cause was that. She was only 3 mos old it was the most horrible experience and left me traumatized :/ I don't think I'd b able to bare the death of my baby :'( & I'm due March 19
Overall, I'm happy so happy

Quoting nikkifam5:

I don't think what you are feeling is abnormal. We are all scared to screw up as parents. There is no handbook on parenting, we all learn as our children grow. I don't think it calls for a therapist, I don't think its that deep, unless you're having anxiety over it in which case id seek help for the anxiety . Take new parent classes, buy a few books and talk to your OB/midwife... breath chicka, it will be oka ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured