Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Scared out of my mind, I thought I was going to lose my lil man :(

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

So Saturday was my baby shower which was exactly how I wanted it to go. Everything came out awesome. I went to bed and everything was fine. I wasn't even tired or anything. I got up at 4am to use the rest room, like I always do and checked the toilet. I didn't expect to see a huge blood clot since I am only 33w along so I totally freaked out. I went and woke my husband up and told him what was going on. We called the ambulance and they came and checked my vitals. I then began to feel what was menstrual cramps which I have always felt through out my pregnancy but they were not that close together and usually went away after about 2 or 3 cramps. I was able to keep my cool until I was in the ambulance on the way. I got really scared that I might lose my baby. I didn't care what I was going through just as long as he was going to be okay. I could feel him moving around which reassured me that he was still alive at least. I felt so much better when they hooked the heart monitor to my belly and I was able to hear his heart beating. The nurse said that I was having contractions 3-4 min apart so she checked my cervix and found that I was actually 1.5cm dilated. The blood that I saw they said was my mucus plug that I had lost. They gave me meds to stop the labor process which worked for a while but they needed to administer another does. After the 2nd one things seemed to be calming down. I was still bleeding which they said should go away after a couple of days. Today I have to make an appointment with my doctor today to get a swab test to check the hormone levels. They will also check to make sure that I have not dilated more then yesterday. What a morning I had. I hope that all goes good at my appointment today and that I can keep going until my due date 1/5/2012.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
meg_003
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

thinking of you guys today! keep us posted <3

jessymoka
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Very, very scary. I hope they are able to hold off your labor and give that baby more brewing time!
Best wishes!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nena8790
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Yes he's not ready to come out yet. Thank u very much.

Quoting jessymoka:

Very, very scary. I hope they are able to hold off your labor and give that baby more brewing time!
Best wishes!!!

tarakay0417
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Keep is posted! Thinking of you today!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alyssaham
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Glad everything is alright and they were able to stop labor. Scary experience I'm sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Here's hoping baby hangs in there a bit longer!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)