Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

First time Mom

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  • 7 Replies

hii moms everywhere, my name is shaimaa and i'm 6 weeks pregnant. The problem is i feel tired and sick the whole time. so far so good...., the real deal is i don't feel like having sex at all, i can't even think about it.is this normal or what?? i'm started to get worried caz this matter started to make my husband nervous about everything....i don't know what i should do

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
theosgirl45
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Thats completely normal.  During my last pregnant I wasn't much interested in sex either.  Since your only six weeks along ur sex drive may come back after you adjust to being pregnant, or it may not.  All you can really do is just explain to DH how you feel and make sure the he knows you still love him.  Hopefully your sex drive perks up a bit in the coming weeks.  And Congrats!

MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Normal, with my daughter I felt so sick from the movement of having sex in the beginning.

musicpisces
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Welcome and congratulations!!  I think what you're going though is totally normal, especially this early in pregnancy.  Hopefully those feelings will all go away in a few weeks.  They did for me (except then I had reflux, where I'd throw up with bout 2 seconds notice!!).  Then I coudn't get enough sex!  LOL  DH LOVED it!!  Some women crave sex during pregnancy, some have an aversion to it, and everything in between, and all of it is completely normal.

The first trimester is SOOOOOO exhausting!  I have never been as tired as I was in the first trimester.

Just reassure your hubby you still love him and share your feelings, and allow him to express his.  This is a time of lots of changes, and there can be a lot of feelings that go along with those changes.  Do you guys have any books yet?  Sometimes reading that what you're going through is to be expected can be reassuring.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Congrats on the pregnancy and yes it's very normal to feel tired and sick the first three months of your pregnancy and some woman don't feel in the mood for sex then , it may change once you feel better or it may not. You just have to tell your husband it's normal to feel this way and tell him I"m tired and sick all the time it doesn't set the mood for me. Hopefully he will be understanding.

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Hi Shaimaa-

Congrats on your pregnancy. As others have mentioned it's completely normal. 

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

amc103
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Congrats! Its normal! You feel like crap during the first tri! BUT, your sex drive may get super high during the second tri! Always does for me. Hubby knows that waiting during the first 3 months is worth is because second trimester is great! LOL! 

shaimaa822
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM

thank u all for sharing your experiences with me ....you really did assure me and i'll talk to him and he has to be patient and wait for the golden three month.......thx aloooooooooooooooooooooottt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)