Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you realize how far along you are?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM
  • 13 Replies

So knowing I was still in my 20-something weeks I wasn't really realizing how close I am to 30-something weeks. I just tried signing up for a 6-week birthing class and they don't have any before my due date that I would be able to do! I would either start half-way or give birth about half-way if I do 40 weeks, not early or later.

Just wanted to remind you guys to get signed up!!!! This is FLYING by! I'm getting so excited and now I'm getting nervous, we don't have a crib, stroller, carset, enough diapers(CD) or anything like that! AHH!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM
2 moms liked this

i never did classes.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

*shrug* I never did a class. There are a lot of really great classes outside of the hospital, that offer excellent information and help you have a safer birth. I would contact freestanding birthing centers and see if they have any birthing classes. They spend more time focusing on the process of birth and explain what your body is doing each step of the way, which will help you have less or no fear and will make it where you have much less pain. : ) 

Momma2013
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Tried those first - not an option. :( Books, books, books! :) And cafemom of course! BTW - I'm so jealous of you getting a hospital water birth! :)

Quoting louzannalady:

*shrug* I never did a class. There are a lot of really great classes outside of the hospital, that offer excellent information and help you have a safer birth. I would contact freestanding birthing centers and see if they have any birthing classes. They spend more time focusing on the process of birth and explain what your body is doing each step of the way, which will help you have less or no fear and will make it where you have much less pain. : ) 

socalmommy13
by Skye on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I've got 16 days left! No classes for me :-good luck and have a healthy happy rest of pregnancy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jacylove
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't have classes here; I did look into it and there was a one on one program but I haven't been going to my appts our schedule doesn't work together
louzannalady
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Lol! The stars just aligned properly, so to speak! If I had arrived a couple of hours later, it would have been a hospital garden tub birth, instead the big comfy tub! ; ) Hum... Two good ones are Hypnobirthing and there is one for Bradley. Both are books and Hypnobirthing has CD's. There are a couple of great Facebook groups for birthing things, too, if you have questions. : ) And as always Henci Goer's "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth". It is amazing! She looks at the most common practices in hospital birthing, through the eyes of reputable studies. It helped me decided what I felt comfortable with and which things I did not feel comfortable with as I birthed! *hug* Best wishes! It does go by sooo fast! : )

http://www.hypnobirthing.com/

This one- not as crunchy as it sounds- I promise!

This one- has a nurse, several midwives, a chiropractor and several doulas!

Quoting Momma2013:

Tried those first - not an option. :( Books, books, books! :) And cafemom of course! BTW - I'm so jealous of you getting a hospital water birth! :)

Quoting louzannalady:

victoriahearts
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM

We didn't do classes with our first son and maybe we should have because we ended up having an unexpected homebirth, it would have come in handy 

mama2gg
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM

HA! I did ONE of those classes realized how stupid they were and all they do is push which drugs you can use in labor no thanks! I won't ever use or go to one again...

RADmomma
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM

we didnt do any classes... but it still hits me sometimes that I am almost done being pregnant... I am 37 weeks tomorrow and it still seems like just a few weeks ago we found out we were expecting.

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM
I went to classes with my first and felt the same way. In order for me to go to my birthing center I have to take classes again. Its through a different place though so I'm hoping the will be more holistic

Quoting mama2gg:

HA! I did ONE of those classes realized how stupid they were and all they do is push which drugs you can use in labor no thanks! I won't ever use or go to one again...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured