Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby Sideways..

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I just got done with my doctors appt. and was told that my baby is laying sideways. A couple months ago I was referred to go to a 3D ultrasound because my baby had an echogenic heart focus and could possibly have down syndrome. Everything luckily came out fine and hes a healthy normal baby, but thats when I first found out he was laying sideways. My thing is, is it normal for a baby to stay in this position for a couple months?? Is he just getting ready and turning slowly to that downward postiton for birth?? It kinda worries me because the doctor tells me hes a BIG baby and Im afraid that what if hes stuck..

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM
How many weeks are you? My DD didn't turn until 37-38 weeks. Baby has room even if it is big. And unless baby is estimated at 10-11lbs then there is no telling if he is going to really be big. Ultrasounds can be a pound off. My 3 were 9 pound babies. And I am small and all came out without a problem. My friend on the other hand had macro babies all about 11lbs at birth.. oh and she's tiny too and they all came our fine too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemeg03
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Ds2 was completely breech, then sideways, until a week and a half, two week before birth. He flipped though!

hismrsramirez86
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:00 AM
I'm 33wks but all I was told that he was sideways and hes big and he seems to be on the top part of my belly but she never said how much he could be weighing she said my next appt they would c how he was laying
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

i wouldnt worry too much. i have heard of babys that turn while mother was in labor...then again ive heard the opposite too. There are suggested ways of trying to get your baby to turn downwards. I swore my last one was breech until i did the flashlight to him, take a flashlight and lead to the bottom. babys will see the brightness and fallow it to see what it is. There are other tales you can check and see, some women swear by some of them...good luck mama, hope the baby turns...and fyi, so you feel easier, my baby had the heart thing as well, they tested and it was negative, the office i went to is a level 2 US office, he says he sends about 10% of women that comes in there to get the test done because of that reason...a LOT lower changes of anything coming up positive(for them that was 10 women a day) and very few and far between that actually come positive on that...good luck

hismrsramirez86
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Quoting chamelinmom:

i wouldnt worry too much. i have heard of babys that turn while mother was in labor...then again ive heard the opposite too. There are suggested ways of trying to get your baby to turn downwards. I swore my last one was breech until i did the flashlight to him, take a flashlight and lead to the bottom. babys will see the brightness and fallow it to see what it is. There are other tales you can check and see, some women swear by some of them...good luck mama, hope the baby turns...and fyi, so you feel easier, my baby had the heart thing as well, they tested and it was negative, the office i went to is a level 2 US office, he says he sends about 10% of women that comes in there to get the test done because of that reason...a LOT lower changes of anything coming up positive(for them that was 10 women a day) and very few and far between that actually come positive on that...good luck

I was told that alot of women were sent cuz their baby had that but more than likely they would be healthy babies just that some are born with it and eventually it would go away or they have it the rest of their life. I will def try the flashlight thing, just seemed weird to me since my daughter was never like that. Thanx for the advice :)

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter flipped to breech at 38 weeks and then flipped back at 39 weeks. I had her 2 weeks later and she was 10lbs 5oz. Of she coups flip with ease, your baby can too. And many babies flip in labor so no need to worry this early :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)