Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

DH won't be there....

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM
  • 18 Replies

for this babies ultrasound on the 26th.  He will be leaving that morning to head back down to Utah for two weeks of work.  =(  He has been there for every ultrasound for all of our pregnancies.  It just doesn't feel right that we are finding out the gender and seeing the baby for the first time without him.  My MIL, and FIL will be there, and If dh can't I was hopeing my SIL would be able to come... 

Just bummed.  This is our last. 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Don't blame you for being upset. My Dh has missed one appt this entire pregnancy due to work and I was sad. It was just a check up so I would have probably cried if he missed an ultrasound and I know he would have been sad. I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.hill25
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe you can put the gender in something. When comes come open it together.

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Quoting mrs.hill25:

I like that idea... he said that he might be able to be on the phone with me during the ultrasound.. but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to have my phone on during the ultrasound.  

mrs.hill25
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

maybe if explain the situation they will let you. if not you have an idea

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting mrs.hill25:

I like that idea... he said that he might be able to be on the phone with me during the ultrasound.. but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to have my phone on during the ultrasound.  

thedathree
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Don't feel bad. I have been alone my entire pregnancy and will be for my c section too. And no family at all. I have an incompetent cervix and have had an apt and shot every Monday since 17 weeks until 36 weeks and had a surgery to have an emergency cerclage placed at 22 weeks. I even had to drive myself to surgery and back for the cerclage. I'll have to go to c section alone too and so I'm going to need to leave my car after my c section and take a taxi home then go back when I'm able to drive after my surgery. I haven't had ajy family or anyone at any appointments and no one is interested .. Well I take that back.. my daughter went to my first ultrasound and to see the gender.. Try to just focus on the positive. I know its depressing at times though I see people with family or SO every apt and I'm always alone :(
1wildchild
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM

This is our last LO and DH will most likely miss the 20 week ultrasound in January and will miss the birth because of work (military). It feels weird this time because he was there for the ultrasounds and both births of our first two LOs. 

LaughingTattoo
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Id reschedule.

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Id reschedule.

I really cannot.  We have put it off as far as the midwife feels okay with. Wait to long and its hard to get good measurements on baby and see all that needs to be seen.  DH will be gone for two weeks. and they are schedualed out till dec 21st for jobs. I will be about 23 weeks on the 26th, 25 or 26 weeks will make it very difficult to check heart, kidney, ect.  

Kennadismom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Quoting thedathree:

Don't feel bad. I have been alone my entire pregnancy and will be for my c section too. And no family at all. I have an incompetent cervix and have had an apt and shot every Monday since 17 weeks until 36 weeks and had a surgery to have an emergency cerclage placed at 22 weeks. I even had to drive myself to surgery and back for the cerclage. I'll have to go to c section alone too and so I'm going to need to leave my car after my c section and take a taxi home then go back when I'm able to drive after my surgery. I haven't had ajy family or anyone at any appointments and no one is interested .. Well I take that back.. my daughter went to my first ultrasound and to see the gender.. Try to just focus on the positive. I know its depressing at times though I see people with family or SO every apt and I'm always alone :(

Sorry to hear you're doing this alone. That has to be difficult. If I may ask, why is your family so distant and is babys father not around? If I'm being inappropriate feel free to say so I would hate to makes you uncomfortable
Momma2013
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Speakerphone! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)