Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

what does it look like when your water breaks

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
  • 19 Replies

im 34 weeks pregnant and i was just in theshower andi peed iknow tmi but afteri peeed it was like a big gush of white clear water idk... and i saw my pee was yellow and after i sawwhite gush ... not sure what to do i have been haveing lil  not that bad contractionms and in my back too... but that was before that happened.. havent really had any pain since that happened... so idk... been to the hospital alot this pregnancy and i dont wanna go if i dont have to any body know?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unspecified42
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

There's no way really for us to know. Amniotic fluid should really just be clear. Are you still leaking?

K-Chan
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I would call your ob. This was 4 years ago, I was asleep and felt like I had to go pee, somehow I made it to the toilet when my water broke. I was at the hospital earlier that day to be induced and was there for 24 hours with no progress so they let me go home. I just knew my water broke at 1am.

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
A rainbow shoots out of your vagina.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rydersmom11
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

wait so is amniotic fluid clear?

thedathree
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM
idk but it could be your water broke. Mine brokw with my son at 24 weeks and I felt kinda crampy but not worse than period cramps so dr said not to worry. a couple hours later I peed and stood up to pull up my pants and water gushed out. I think it was clear though.
Ninjascreenname
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Put on a pad in all seriousness, and see if it still leaks. Amniotic fluid is clear and smells sweet, and will continue to leak out. If it still leaks pack up and go to the hospital.
CassaNova
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Ahh I dunno (and only while preggo) I've been in the shower and when i got out water came out of my vagina but its just from the shower. When ur water breaks u feel a pop inside u most times and then a continual leak of should be clear fluid. But who knows mama u can call doc
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:57 AM

If the gush was big enough to see. It was probably your water breaking. At weeks, you should go in and get checked out. 

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I agree mama...put a pad on, its uncontrolable if it is. My water broke with my last, i was almost 2 weeks late....and woke up to the sound of a POP and i ran for the bathroom. Luckly i knew exactly what it was. I would sit there and just have gushes...it was clear at first then got green but thats because ds pooped in the fluid. i can not stress enough to get a pack of depends...just a small pack. its soo much better than a pad especally when your water breaks and for the first few nights of bleeding, a pad can not soak as much as they do, especally with mild gushes of blood afterwards...i hope you figured out if its your water or not by now...if you are unsure go in. They would rather see you a million times than something happen to you

mnmo3bb
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Mine tricked in bed and yes it should be clear (any green in it is a sign that baby has had a bowel movement) it should continue to come out especially with any movement. I would do as the others said and put a pad on and walk around and see if more comes out. Esp since you aren't term yet I think you should be checked out. They can do a simple test to see if your leaking or not... For me, the fluid wasn't exactly like water, it was kind of thicker and didn't completely soak into the pad... It was weird...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN