Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

very worried, question (tmi) (update)

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

So yesterday I laid down to go to bed and leaked a lot of this clear, scentless liquid. When I say a lot, I mean probably around like half a cup. Also, ever since yesterday, I've had this stuff coming out of me. It's gray or yellow in color, rubbery and sticky. It's been happening bad all day. I took a bath a little while ago and noticed when the stuff gets wet, it's clear with white stuff running through it. My husband is worried and I've tried to get ahold of the doctor on call for my OB. She's yet to call me back.What is this? Should I be worried? Should I just go straight to the hospital?

Oh, I'm 26 weeks

Update: So the OB on call for my doctor's office was concerned about the fluid but said there's no need for me to drive to the hospital unless I'm cramping, having pain or continue to leak. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it and hope that the fluid wasn't a sign of a tear or something.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BiPolarMomto3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Sounds like a hormone surge. Any pain? I would call your OB but that usually happens when your hormones surge
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzemom
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Bump! Hoping it's nothing to worry about
clz0213
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I'm a little crampy, but not anything abnormal really.

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Sounds like a hormone surge. Any pain? I would call your OB but that usually happens when your hormones surge

myrandabrown13
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Never hurts to get checked
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tresproudmommy
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I would do to the ER...better safe than sorry.  Not to alarm you, but something similar happened to me at 22 weeks and I was hesitant to go in.  DH finally convinced me, and when the dr checked me I was 3cm dilated.  My Ds was born at 26 wks.  He's a healthy four yr old now, but things could have been worse.  

clz0213
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Yeah that's alarming. Read it to DH and he started getting dressed to go to the ER lol. Ugh....I'm worried.

Quoting tresproudmommy:

I would do to the ER...better safe than sorry.  Not to alarm you, but something similar happened to me at 22 weeks and I was hesitant to go in.  DH finally convinced me, and when the dr checked me I was 3cm dilated.  My Ds was born at 26 wks.  He's a healthy four yr old now, but things could have been worse.  

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I would just go in and have them check you out. It could be your water or an infection.

BiPolarMomto3
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
precious1114
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Bump for update
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN