Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

uhmm help me! please!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:44 AM
  • 8 Replies
this is my first pregnancy (25 weeks today), I'm 19 and sadly many many miles away from my momma. soo I don't have much help when it comes to the nitty gritty details such as registering with my hospital. when exactly should I take care of all that? how do I register? I didn't even know I had to do that until a week ago!

also my dad had cancelled my health insurance so when I got pregnant my only option was to sign up for Medicaid. I found the closest OB that accepted Medicaid and made all my with the same dr since. my question here is how do I make her my official legit dr that I will be delivering with?
I really don't have anyone to help me with all of this soo I'm counting on you lovely ladies!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM

honestly, this is my 5th and i haved never registered, i kind of just show up and they register me then and there, so you can do it at any time if you want to. With the OB thing, you just have to start going to that dr, when the hospital ask which dr are you with, you tell them. Not much more too it. They will have your files and ready to go....congrats and good luck

greentealover18
by Kait on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:04 AM
wow. it's that easy? lol thank youu

Quoting chamelinmom:

honestly, this is my 5th and i haved never registered, i kind of just show up and they register me then and there, so you can do it at any time if you want to. With the OB thing, you just have to start going to that dr, when the hospital ask which dr are you with, you tell them. Not much more too it. They will have your files and ready to go....congrats and good luck

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Yep, it's pretty much what she said, so that's one thing you can relax about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hthrlcl
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this
i would call the hospital and ask, at my hospital you have to register before 34 weeks or they wont take you, if you was to show up there and the baby is not "coming out" then they would send you to a different hospital. But thats my hospital, dont hurt to call and check. Just call up there and ask their policy about pre registering. They can tell you where to go from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Its against the law for hospitals to deny you. ive been to big hospitals in Baltimore to small town ones and never have anyone gave me any issues.

Quoting hthrlcl:

i would call the hospital and ask, at my hospital you have to register before 34 weeks or they wont take you, if you was to show up there and the baby is not "coming out" then they would send you to a different hospital. But thats my hospital, dont hurt to call and check. Just call up there and ask their policy about pre registering. They can tell you where to go from there.

MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM

My doctors office gave me a little packet I filled out and took to the hospital.
Talk to your OB.

Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Ya... Pre-registering is just a piece of paper to fill out with your insurance info, personal data... And they usually ask you to name your chosen pediatrician for the baby.

As far as your OB... I'm assuming since you've been seeing the same one all along they already intend on being the ones to deliver, that's usually how it works. If there haven't been any issues with medicaid paying up to now, you're probably ok on that end too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilostmy_keys
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Every tine I've preregistered (3x), they make me write down and give them the exact same info before they'll take me into L&D. It's a waste of time at the hospitals where I went.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN