Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

40 weeks & 4 days pregnant ...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:36 AM
  • 17 Replies
And I am SO over it! Ugh, I just went to the dr today & she told me that I STILL wasn't even dilated at all. :( This is SO frustrating! They have set my induction date as November 26th, but thats a week away... It feels like an eternity! I know that I need to just enjoy my quiet time before the craziness of a newborn is upon me, I just can't wait to not be huge, pregnant & uncomfortable anymore!

Sorry for the rant, nobody else understands.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellaamore
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I was right at 42 weeks when i went into labor. It was my first and she was ten pounds. I had her at home.

It was honestly super easy because she was ready.

I wouldnt force it, thats actually pretty dangerous and ups the chances of all kimds of things.

whitneymf
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:38 AM

its okat momma! baby will be here soon! just try to enjoy your holiday and family!

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay for them not inducing right away. Better to wait it out and reduce the c-section risk then to be worrying about that pain too.

Hopefully baby will come soon. Try the safe old wives tales: foot massage, dpicey foods, sex, walking, eggplant parmesan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohbamitsans
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:55 AM
You're so close! Lucky I still have 4 weeks!! Good luck mama :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Baby will come soon hopefully!
Try going over speed bumps fast, lol. Seriously, that's what set me off!

TianaH808
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Thats funny, I actually do that but it hasn't worked! Haha

Quoting MIA0223:

Baby will come soon hopefully!
Try going over speed bumps fast, lol. Seriously, that's what set me off!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM

No one understands?    awww lol --you sound perfectly normal though!!

You are almost to the average point, not even there yet.  ( = 41 weeks, 1 day)
 *It REALLY helps to keep in mind that you will likely be pregnant for 42 weeks or so.   (But not forever!!)    Because we are sometimes, that is still normal.    And IF baby comes earlier, fine!

;-)

Inducing adds risks and you get to decline these of course--    It's not needed.   Might be worth consider ways to become more comfy.   That is safer anyhow.     You can get help with this, too.
GL!

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:19 AM
You're so close! I'm really impressed, actually, that they're waiting to induce. It really is for the best, for lots of reasons. :) The end of pregnancy always sucks. Some women escape the horrors common in early pregnancy. Very few escape the joys of those last few weeks. ;) Hang in there! And you can go from 0 to 10 in a matter of hours. I did! No dilation is not a sign of ANYTHING. So don't stress. :)
Oceana09
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I know hun. I'm only 37 weeks, but I've been so sick the past week and my legs are starting to get where they don't want to support my weight anymore, I'm just done. So done.

mnmo3bb
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:19 AM

*HUGS* My first was 9 days late. I finally went into labor the morning I was scheduled to be induced! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)