Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is it stupid?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM
  • 43 Replies
So after being treated like dirt at the hospital I went to for the fall I had the otherday I have decided not to have the baby there but to have it at the one I had my youngest therefore I would have to switch OB's because I don't think the one I have delivers there but I will ask him at my appointment on Friday.I made an appointment with the one I had with my youngest who does deliver there but can't see her till the 13th of December which is a week before my due date by my last period but by ultrasound its 2 weeks before that date so I will see the one I have now till then unless it turns out he does deliver there.Is it a stupid idea?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Duquesne
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM
If YOU feel comfortable changing care providers so late in the game, go for it. You definitely need to feel comfortable with whomever is providing care to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma2013
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM

You need to do what you are comfortable with. What about the hospital treated you like dirt? Remember, you'll be in labor and delivery, is that where you went for the fall?

Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

If you weren't comfortable delivering at that hospital, then it isn't stupid at all.

louzannalady
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Changing providers/hospitals to a place that will treat you better is NEVER a stupid idea!!!! You can even change providers during labor, if need be! Lol! *hug* Best wishes! Glad you have a way of getting to a place you feel safer birthing! 

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Not at ALL stupid. In fact, SMART! You need to feel comfortable with where you are delivering and the doc assisting you. GL!!
rachelrothchild
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM

No, never stupid.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. 

mama2gg
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Do what's best for you.

And go by dated ultrasound NOT lmp as you have no idea wheb you really Oed unless yoy tracked temps
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuickMomma
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM
It sucks cause he is an alright guy it's just to bad the hospital is not what I wanted

Quoting Duquesne:

If YOU feel comfortable changing care providers so late in the game, go for it. You definitely need to feel comfortable with whomever is providing care to you.
QuickMomma
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Yes that is where I went for the fall.Well first the Dr on call was behind the curtain and just before coming in said people and coming in for every ache and pain which is rude.You do not say that and especially where patients can hear you.He was young and talked to me like I was stupid.Im VBA3C's and the nurse said how she read in my file how I am refusing a planned c-section and asked if that was still my plan.I said yes and she gave me a look then I said yeah I know some people think its crazy.She goes well its dangerous.I don't need to be told or asked if I still plan on it.I know the risks and such.I just did not feel comfortable there at all

Quoting Momma2013:

You need to do what you are comfortable with. What about the hospital treated you like dirt? Remember, you'll be in labor and delivery, is that where you went for the fall?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)