Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnancy Question

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM
  • 19 Replies
I was wondering if maybe some others could give me some help. I have been having sharp stabbing pains, across my entire belly, for the last two days which is constant and will randomly black out. I talked to my OB and he just says it is normal, but I never had this issue with my others.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
needsupport100
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:21 PM

like cramping pains?

Emilytrademark
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM

You black out as in faint?

The stabbing pains are probably a combo of round ligament pains and gas. I get them more and more.

KekeLi938
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Ya, and then every half hour or so it feels like someone is stabbing my belly with a knife.
KekeLi938
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Haven't fainted yet, but I start seeing stars and then it goes black.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

The stabbing pains are probably a combo of round ligament pains and gas. I get them more and more.

Devious103102
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I'd find another doc because that doesn't sound normal to me. 

Emilytrademark
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I don't know if the faintness is related to the pains but I've had the same thing (not at the same time though). I see stars when I move positions too quickly or if I am lying a certain way that cuts of blood flow. It's normal but freaky. How far along are you?

Quoting KekeLi938:

Quoting Emilytrademark:

BabyFruit Ticker
KekeLi938
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I am 18 weeks 4 days. The spells just seem to randomly hit, like I could be sitting and it happens. Just scares me since it has never happened before.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

I don't know if the faintness is related to the pains but I've had the same thing (not at the same time though). I see stars when I move positions too quickly or if I am lying a certain way that cuts of blood flow. It's normal but freaky. How far along are you?

Quoting KekeLi938:

Quoting Emilytrademark:

Emilytrademark
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:29 PM

My doctor told me to make sure I am eating and drinking enough. It happened once while I was driving and I had to pull over, SO scary. Since then I've kept crackers in my car. So your doc thinks the blacking out feeling is normal?

Quoting KekeLi938:

I am 18 weeks 4 days. The spells just seem to randomly hit, like I could be sitting and it happens. Just scares me since it has never happened before.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

Quoting KekeLi938:

Quoting Emilytrademark:

BabyFruit Ticker
KekeLi938
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM
That was my initial reaction, so I tried eating and drinking more water but it would keep happening. He feels everything is normal, and the reason I shouldn't have gotten pregnant again within 4 months of my youngest being born.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

My doctor told me to make sure I am eating and drinking enough. It happened once while I was driving and I had to pull over, SO scary. Since then I've kept crackers in my car. So your doc thinks the blacking out feeling is normal?

Quoting KekeLi938:

Quoting Emilytrademark:

Quoting KekeLi938:

Quoting Emilytrademark:

MichaelsMom0711
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Quoting Devious103102:

I'd find another doc because that doesn't sound normal to me. 

this exactly. i know i have gotten the very dull but kind of sharp pains in the lower abdomen and that is the round ligament pain like PP said. and gas is a possibility too, i have also gotten period-like cramps with both pregnancies, with my son it lasted the whole first trimester but my Dr said its just the uterus stretching but they have never been severe at all and the blacking out thing reminds me of really low blood sugar or something but if its happening at the same time I dont know, i would get a second opinion but its hopefully nothing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN