Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

NT scan next tuesday

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:14 AM
  • 7 Replies
I will be 12 weeks exactly. If its a boy, will we see a penis yet? They were able to tell my friend her baby was likely a boy but wouldn't confirm. Just wondering if we will see a little mini penis? Hoping so. Gender scan isn't until January. But we were gonna go for an early gender scan at one of those 3d places for $70. Any advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SadiasMomma
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:16 AM
I was told boy at my NT scan but it wasn't 100% and the penis wasn't visable. The estimate was based on the direction in which the internal sex organs were facing. She seemed confident but I'm not painting the walls blue just yet :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Eh, maybe, maybe not. At 13 weeks we could see that my surrogate daughter was a girl, but at 12 and 4 they couldn't see anything with her little brother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.hill25
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I think it depends.. I had a very experienced dr. with DS2, and at 12 weeks he said boy and sure enough he was right. its possible they have little tricks to determine

sissykay78
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:58 AM
I was told the sex of my baby at 12.5 weeks by my MFM.He said girl and Im 21 weeks and shes still a girl..(had another ultrasound at 15 and 19 weeks. BUT my ultrasound tech said she was shocked he told me so early that he usually doesnt do that. But that they can SOMETIMES tell by not between the legs but doing a sideview of the baby. Im a skeptic so chose not to buy girl stuff till after the next ultrasound. Ive met a few others that were told at 13 weeks and it was right. GL!
bwsmommy
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:21 AM
I was told at 12 weeks .. and well it all depends on the angle of the dangle .. my baby boy hasn't changed at all and I'm 32 weeks !
Mzwest83
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM

With my dd they told me at around 15 weeks but he also said don't buy any pink yet until around my 20 week scan. With my son they told me at 16 and were pretty sure since he was legs up in the air and we got a perfect shot of his turtle. I have my first scan next friday and can't wait to see my little bean. My doctor says I feel around 5-6 weeks ( that was last week) and I was only 4 ( I know when I ovulated). So with this scan I will finally have a due date!

MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM
I was thinking of doing this too! i just would hate to have an unneccesary u/s, spend the money and be convinced that the baby was one gender then hear at the next u/s that he/she is the other gender lol! i was thinking of maybe doing this around 14 weeks so its a little more accurate cuz i dont want to wait til March to find out! this is baby #2 and i already have a son but last time i dont remember being so anxious to find out until it was time for the appointment! Maybe its because i know what to expect this time around! lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)