Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

what does it mean?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:29 AM
  • 13 Replies
When your baby is measuring two weeks heavier than where your at. I'm 22 weeks today and my son is measuring at 24 weeks. Does this mean that he will be coming early? This is my first and I'm unsure about everything. I'm so glad he is healthy and gaining weight. He is almost two lbs already. I'm just glad we found out he was a boy lmao. And since I'm high risk does that mean she will take the baby even earlier due to his size or will wait until his duje date gets closer?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Baby has growths spurts so it could just be that. It could be baby is further along. It could be human error too. So no way of really knowing.

Why are you high risk?

MomRocs1102
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM

No they just grow at their own pace, my baby is measuring a week bigger 

mama2gg
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:01 AM
No not at all many women measure 1-2 weeks ahead at some point in there pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poeticrose09
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Quoting Raeann11:

Baby has growths spurts so it could just be that. It could be baby is further along. It could be human error too. So no way of really knowing.

Why are you high risk?

I'm type one diabetic. My doctor considers me a brittle diabetic so I'm monitored very closely. Been going in twice a month since the begiing

CafeMom Tickers
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Could just be his natural growth. My two boys always measured ahead but came on time. They were 8lb9oz and 22''.

Randi02
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM
There is no way to accurately measure a baby's weight until they are born, so I would say it means nothing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Your baby is measuring within average.   Not a reason to intervene!    Its safest to intervene only when necessary, so its great to learn about what is normal and what is outside normal.
:-)

I want to encourage you to be sure to ask your questions--  glad you do here, but I mean in the appointments when you are measured & checked on.    You can even make a list and bring it with you.
  ;-)

GL!

Alyssa1992
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM

my son is smaller (dwarfism) and he is coming on time!

louzannalady
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:00 PM

The fundal height and ultrasounds are inaccurate for weight. If the blood sugars are under control, there is not much support, from what I have read, to induce early. But, it is important you do your own research and see what you feel comfortable with, when it comes to induction. 

ACOG guideline on fetal macrosomia. 

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM
I've been measuring a week or so ahead since 22 weeks. No biggie. My kids weren't born any earlier. And there is no way to tell if he will come early on his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN