Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Need some help please

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:34 AM
  • 4 Replies

Good morning mommies. How are you all? I am just in need of some advice or maybe some similar situations. I am 9 weeks post c section, and for the past week or so I have been having the feeling of having to pee badly but when I go sit, only a small amount comes out. Happens quite a bit dying the day so I went to my doctor to have my urine checked a few times. Urine was always good so I was relieved no infection. But since it keeps happening I went back yesterday. Saw my dr's wife who is also an ob. She decided to run tests. ( urine, urethral culture, vag culture, renal and vag sono, blood work/ thyroid  ) results should hopefully be in this sat. In the mean time she gave me a script for ditropan Xl. I'm kind of scared to take it b/c of side effects (dry mouth, constipation, dizzy/drowsy, dry eye possible blurred vision etc) i feel like calling her back and asking if maybe kegels could help with this "urge". The script says to help over active bladder, but I wonder if this could be over active. (Having the urge and only small amounts coming out). Have any of you experienced this after your c section or regular birth? I'm hoping this can go back to normal eventually. Don't like taking meds. Hope this isn't something I caused. Please read / help if you can. I appreciate it. Have a happy thanksgiving too.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
FarmGirl2B
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Sounds like you have to retrain your bladder. Try putting yourself on a schedule. Try going every hour, then every 2 hours and so forth. I couldn't feel my bladder for almost 3 months after my c sections, so that's what I had to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teagsmommy
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I delivered vaginally but had a cath with my first and it messed me up for awhile. It eventually worked itself out but for awhile i made tons of trips to the potty for very little trickles. So glad i had a midwife the second time because when i brought up the fact that i refused to be cathed again she said she never uses them, my doctor must have been either lazy and in a hurry or old school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I agree.

Quoting FarmGirl2B:

Sounds like you have to retrain your bladder. Try putting yourself on a schedule. Try going every hour, then every 2 hours and so forth. I couldn't feel my bladder for almost 3 months after my c sections, so that's what I had to do.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)