Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

bp *update*

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 16 Replies
I haven't felt well in two days. Saw the midwife and my bp was 140/86 yesterday. They had me lay on my left side for a few and rechecked it and it was 120/78. Much better. Today I am feeling that winded/dizzy/nauseous feeling again amd like my heart is racing. I have a bp cuff my mom let me borrow since I had pih with ds #1. My reading was 136/89. Do you ladies think this us worthy of calling the doc? I am afraid they will make me feel like a paranoid freak like she did yesterday. :/ I also posted this in my due date group. Sorry if it is repetitve to some.

*bp has stayed consistent in the high 130's/80's. Just checked it again and I am at 132/92. I feel better overall (not as dizzy) but I am going to check it at 15 minute intervals for the next hour togive it one last chance. Thank you ladies for all of your wonderful advice. *
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CollinMommy
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I would say keep checking it, after resting, and then again a little while after. BP is nothing to mess with while your pregnant!!! I know from experience. Preeclampsia can set in very rapidly and can cause serious issues. how far along are you?? I was diagnosed at 25 wks, my son was taken emergency csection at 27 wks. So yes, if it were me, I would be calling the doctor!!! but maybe try resting a little bit and then retaking it. 

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Lie on your left side again.  If things don't resolve, call the midwife again.  If it keeps raising like that, call her again anyway.  

november117
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:57 AM
I am 36/4 today.

Quoting CollinMommy:

I would say keep checking it, after resting, and then again a little while after. BP is nothing to mess with while your pregnant!!! I know from experience. Preeclampsia can set in very rapidly and can cause serious issues. how far along are you?? I was diagnosed at 25 wks, my son was taken emergency csection at 27 wks. So yes, if it were me, I would be calling the doctor!!! but maybe try resting a little bit and then retaking it. 

mama2gg
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Youe bp is prefect
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I'm not sure. That seems high, to me.

My blood pressure is usually around 89/64.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy242012
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Mine is 128/84 drs haven't said if that is hi though, wish I paid attention from b4 I was pregnant
november117
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Last time it was like that they sent me to L&D for monitoring and I felt fine. Don't feel so fine today. I was 106/62 and I have also gained almost 10# in a week.

Quoting mama2gg:

Youe bp is prefect

november117
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Thank you. :) Gonna give it a little more amd see how I feel. If no better I am going to call.

Quoting anxiousschk:

Lie on your left side again.  If things don't resolve, call the midwife again.  If it keeps raising like that, call her again anyway.  

mama2gg
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting november117:

Last time it was like that they sent me to L&D for monitoring and I felt fine. Don't feel so fine today. I was 106/62 and I have also gained almost 10# in a week.

Quoting mama2gg:

Youe bp is prefect

That's not a bad BP at all not sure what their worry was I worked Ob and we never saw women for BP without issues (ps- my BP this am in the hospital , im here for kidney stones was 98/60 which is also fine

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Er....140/90 is a danger zone.  If either the top or bottom number approaches what's given, it can get you a pre-e diagnosis.  

If your blood pressure is typically low (like mine --  80's/50's) then *good* doctors will apply a 30/15 rule.  If your top number goes up by 30 or your bottom by 15, then it's a reason for concern.  

So her readings are high, especially high if she normally has low bp.  

Quoting mama2gg:

Youe bp is prefect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)