Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Between 5-6 weeks and having really bad pain any ideas?

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi! I am between 5-6 weeks now  with my 9th pregnancy ( I have had 4 early mcs). I noticed that I have a pain almost like a muscles tear on my right side and now my belly button. It only happens when I get up from sitting some times and some times when I sneeze. Its only happened maybe a handful of times the last day or two. Not sure what to make of it. I mean it really hurts when it happens but since it is not all the time I don't think its serious. Has this happened to anyone this early? I have read it happens later on. Just wondering. I am a little bit of a crazy person right now until I see the babys heartbeat since I have had the early mcs. 

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MaddieBsMommy
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM

sounds like round ligament pain, I had it very early with both my kiddos....best of luck

Mzwest83
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Quoting MaddieBsMommy:

sounds like round ligament pain, I had it very early with both my kiddos....best of luck

Thanks! I thought thats what it might be but I have always heard that it happens in late pregnancy not early. So I wasn't sure.

MichaelsMom0711
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Quoting MaddieBsMommy:

yes, this. I had this with my son and now with baby #2 also, I am 5 weeks 1 day pregnant with #2, and my Dr said the sharper pains are round ligament and the period-like cramps are the uterus stretching but not to worry unless they are severe!
Mzwest83
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Quoting MaddieBsMommy:

yes, this. I had this with my son and now with baby #2 also, I am 5 weeks 1 day pregnant with #2, and my Dr said the sharper pains are round ligament and the period-like cramps are the uterus stretching but not to worry unless they are severe!

Thanks and congratulations! I guess I am just so afraid of another loss I am starting to think everything is a bad sign. I can't tell  you how many times I touch my breast to make sure they are still sore.I try not to think of being pregnant but I find my mind wondering to it all the time. Is it a boy or girl? Is it ok? What will baby bean look like? How will I decorate? 

MichaelsMom0711
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Quoting Mzwest83:

oh believe me, thats how I am and i have never experienced a loss. any pain that is slightly different from my first pregnancy i think twice or ask the Dr about already! And Im the same way with finding out the gender and thinking of names, decorating, etc. i just really cant wait to get past the 1st trimester cuz then the risks of anything happening drop by alot and u start to feel the baby moving, closer to getting ur ultrasound and closer to ur due date! :)
ohbamitsans
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:44 PM
It's normal lol I had it a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mzwest83
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Quoting MichaelsMom0711:

Quoting Mzwest83:

oh believe me, thats how I am and i have never experienced a loss. any pain that is slightly different from my first pregnancy i think twice or ask the Dr about already! And Im the same way with finding out the gender and thinking of names, decorating, etc. i just really cant wait to get past the 1st trimester cuz then the risks of anything happening drop by alot and u start to feel the baby moving, closer to getting ur ultrasound and closer to ur due date! :)

That is exactly the way I am feeling. I can't wait to have my ultrasound to see the heart. My doctor said if the heart is beating you only have a 0.5% chance of a loss. I went today to get maternity clothes but dont want to jinx anything. I am wearing the pants though because I know the baby isn't big and I haven't gain any weight and can't stand ANYTHING tight around my stomach. Plus I usually show really early because I have a really short torso and there is no place for baby to go. Have you moved to maternity clothes yet?

2babys2mamas
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM
I had pretty severe round ligament pain starting about 4 weeks into my pregnancy. I remember being scared, then feeling kind of gyped once I found out what it was! I was so happy to finally get to skip my periods only to realize they had just been replaced by sharp pains and achiness lol. I'm at 29 weeks now, and it only happens maybe once every two weeks or so. Definitely if you have any bleeding, go to a doctor as soon as you can!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN