Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

no longer pregnant :)

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM
  • 13 Replies
4 moms liked this

11/16/2012 around 4:32 pm I started having contractions ten mins apart. I laid down after drinking some water and fell asleep. Woke up a short time later and took a Bath. Started timing contractions ..they were now 7 mins apart. Around 11:00-1130 pm I got lots of bloody show and then contractions became more intense and jumped to 5mins apart. Warned my husband that we'd have to leave soon or I wouldn't make it. A few mins later contractions were unbearable and 3mins apart. I called my brother to come watch the kids while Dh ran me to the hospital... I get in triage and can't handle the pain. She checks me I'm only 4 but stretchy.. comes in 2hrs later and I'm 5cm. Doc admits me but says I can't have an epi yet. They take forever to get a room ready... They put me in a wheelchair and I seriously tried standing up a few times ... When we got to my room I begged for an epi ... Nurse said as soon as she got an iv in that she could give me nubane. I couldn't stay still the contractions were now beyond unbearable and on top of each other she checks me I'm a 6. Nurse checks me again I'm a 7... Now I have two nurses on each side trying to get an iv in... One finally does...blood work is rushed and they are pushing the bag of fluid... She checks me I'm 9cm ...so now I can't have the nubane... Nurse starts to worry because I'm breathing too fast.. she calmly helped be slow my breathing down ...she thought I was gonna pass out... Again I beg for an epi I feel like I'm dying.. she checks to see if blood work is back.. it is... She plainly said if you can sit still so he can do it ill call him... She calls him.. by 430 am I have an epi and feel so much bettter...nurse put oxygen on me and asked me to try to sleep so I did... I call her around 630 and tell her I feel the urge to push every now and then she checks me and I'm 10cm... She tells me to call when I feel like I need to bare down and push or if she's pushing on her own.. 710 rolls around and I get that feeling... I call her... She comes in checks and baby is right there..she goes and wakes up the doc he takes forever to get dressed... She's literally pushing at this point and I can't control it... So I finally say I really need to push .lol he says go ahead so I do and they didn't even have time to count they just said or not! stop!!... And i look down she's out... Lol they lay her on me and she feel so heavy! Lol Olympia Pauline was born at 7:25 am weighing 7pounds 6.8 ounces and 19.5 inches 11/17/2012! biggest baby!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Josie_P
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Congrats hun! I love her name!!

Alyssa1992
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Congrats!!!!!!

AidanCamsMom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Congrats! She's beautiful!

Jacylove
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Aww I love birth story's! :) just beautiful
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:22 PM

awww congrat shes a cutie

Shelbypb
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Lol nice birthday it is the same as my son. Congrats :)

Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
mommyde3boys
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Congrats princessamber! She is beautiful! Love the blanket too:)
mgm_5
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM

wow thats every preggo womans dream labor ;) congrats she's beautiful! luv the blanket too!

Jonnysmama
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM
Congrats. Amazing story. And shes gorgous.

Quoting princessamber:

11/16/2012 around 4:32 pm I started having contractions ten mins apart. I laid down after drinking some water and fell asleep. Woke up a short time later and took a Bath. Started timing contractions ..they were now 7 mins apart. Around 11:00-1130 pm I got lots of bloody show and then contractions became more intense and jumped to 5mins apart. Warned my husband that we'd have to leave soon or I wouldn't make it. A few mins later contractions were unbearable and 3mins apart. I called my brother to come watch the kids while Dh ran me to the hospital... I get in triage and can't handle the pain. She checks me I'm only 4 but stretchy.. comes in 2hrs later and I'm 5cm. Doc admits me but says I can't have an epi yet. They take forever to get a room ready... They put me in a wheelchair and I seriously tried standing up a few times ... When we got to my room I begged for an epi ... Nurse said as soon as she got an iv in that she could give me nubane. I couldn't stay still the contractions were now beyond unbearable and on top of each other she checks me I'm a 6. Nurse checks me again I'm a 7... Now I have two nurses on each side trying to get an iv in... One finally does...blood work is rushed and they are pushing the bag of fluid... She checks me I'm 9cm ...so now I can't have the nubane... Nurse starts to worry because I'm breathing too fast.. she calmly helped be slow my breathing down ...she thought I was gonna pass out... Again I beg for an epi I feel like I'm dying.. she checks to see if blood work is back.. it is... She plainly said if you can sit still so he can do it ill call him... She calls him.. by 430 am I have an epi and feel so much bettter...nurse put oxygen on me and asked me to try to sleep so I did... I call her around 630 and tell her I feel the urge to push every now and then she checks me and I'm 10cm... She tells me to call when I feel like I need to bare down and push or if she's pushing on her own.. 710 rolls around and I get that feeling... I call her... She comes in checks and baby is right there..she goes and wakes up the doc he takes forever to get dressed... She's literally pushing at this point and I can't control it... So I finally say I really need to push .lol he says go ahead so I do and they didn't even have time to count they just said or not! stop!!... And i look down she's out... Lol they lay her on me and she feel so heavy! Lol Olympia Pauline was born at 7:25 am weighing 7pounds 6.8 ounces and 19.5 inches 11/17/2012! biggest baby!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:24 PM

aww shes sweet :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)