Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help PLEASE I need help !

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM
  • 28 Replies
Hi I'm 8 weeks pregnant Sunday ill be 9 weeks I turn 18 in less than 3 weeks ima senior in high school and my boyfriend and I have been together two years and 19 days next month we are getting married and moving in together but I'm sooo terrified to tell my family I'm pregnant because this isn't the first time I was pregnant earlier in the year & lost that baby and I got pregnant in may and that baby had to be removed due to implantation problems well im pregnant again of course by the same guy & I'm thinking about termination of the pregnancy because I'm terrified of how my family reacting : /
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Family support is a REALLY big deal, it is so important--    but what is more important is how YOU feel about your baby.    If you want this baby then you can work to find ways to make things okay with your family...
Having a baby is a big deal, terminating a pregnancy is a big deal...
A lot to think about!   
But if you want your baby then you may want to turn your energy & time into thinking about how to make it work out.

What do you think they are going to do/say?

Duquesne
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM
6 moms liked this
You need to grow up. You're making grown up decisions and you need to handle them as a grown up would. We can't tell you what to do.

If you're not wanting a child, then your boyfriend/fiancé and you need to figure out birth control.

I edit to add that I don't mean "grow up" in a negative way. I mean it more like...acting like an adult, accept responsibility and stand up for things you want instead of the cowering a teenager does from parents. Not bashing....sorry if it came off harsh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Only YOU can make that decision (you and your boyfriend).

But either way, you need to think about birth control for when you're not pregnant.  There are SO many methods out there, one has to be right for you.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Toree2013
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM
When I got pregnant I was on birth control and we were careful ... it took me til I was 6 weeks to believe it because I never knew you could still get pregnant even if your on the pill I guess that was my mistake. I never said I didn't want my baby I've already started going out buying stuff but my mom doesn't like me she calls me names slut whore bitch she gave me away and all I have is my dad fiancé and granny & I don't want anyone turning on me. I know I made a grown up decision but I do not want to be judged because I made choices that may not be the best ones I don't need to here I need to grow up because I've taken care of myself and siblings since I was 15 years old I live with my grand parents and I pay my own bills and help in the house hold. I'm very aware of the things I've done but my fear is " I am as an adolescent accepting my mistakes and willing to take care of them " my fiancé works full time he's still here but how do I explain to my family without the few I have left turning on me or should I care ?
Alyssa1992
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:18 PM

NOOO don't terminate because of how they will react!! I am 20.. was 19 when i got pregnant.. my mom was mad too but she is so excited for him to get here now!! If you dont want to keep your baby at least consider adoption! I think this is something you will regret especially since its what other people want not what you want!

Toree2013
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM
After this baby I don't think there will be time for any messing around anyway because I'm going to college to become a RN and ill be working my husband then will be working and opening up his own business and working an hour from home so things will be busy ... I just want my family to see I'm not ruining my life .

Quoting musicpisces:

Only YOU can make that decision (you and your boyfriend).

But either way, you need to think about birth control for when you're not pregnant.  There are SO many methods out there, one has to be right for you.

Toree2013
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM
It is something ill regret and it's troubling my relationship because he wants this baby so bad he's going out buying baby things already we looking for a place now but I've always been my families princess and perfect child and I feel like now I'm becoming a huge disappointment

Quoting Alyssa1992:

NOOO don't terminate because of how they will react!! I am 20.. was 19 when i got pregnant.. my mom was mad too but she is so excited for him to get here now!! If you dont want to keep your baby at least consider adoption! I think this is something you will regret especially since its what other people want not what you want!

TTC2Long
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM
You just have to tell them. That's all there is to it. Don't kill your baby because you're afraid. You made your bed, you need to lie in it. Sorry to be harsh, but that's the reality. Don't forget about adoption as an option. If you're not ready to be parents, there are plenty of lovely people who are who would love to have your baby.
Toree2013
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM
I'm sorry I didn't read this completely but yeah I totally understand you it's just I've always been the perfect child the innocent one & etc I've never disappointed my family they expect the world out of me but I feel like now I'm just a disappointment

Quoting Duquesne:

You need to grow up. You're making grown up decisions and you need to handle them as a grown up would. We can't tell you what to do.

If you're not wanting a child, then your boyfriend/fiancé and you need to figure out birth control.

I edit to add that I don't mean "grow up" in a negative way. I mean it more like...acting like an adult, accept responsibility and stand up for things you want instead of the cowering a teenager does from parents. Not bashing....sorry if it came off harsh.

Toree2013
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM
It's not harsh I understand what your saying that sadly is the truth I have to own up to my actions I already have I've been doing everything for this baby already looking at baby items I need to buy it already has alot of clothes I just need a reasonable respectable way to tell them without loosing them because I'm not like these teen girls today I do not have a police record never been kicked out of school don't date alot of guys don't talk back I have great grades and I help anyone I can but I fell in love with my boyfriend deeply and I made some decisions I could have waited on but I'm not running I'm just scared of my family

Quoting TTC2Long:

You just have to tell them. That's all there is to it. Don't kill your baby because you're afraid. You made your bed, you need to lie in it. Sorry to be harsh, but that's the reality. Don't forget about adoption as an option. If you're not ready to be parents, there are plenty of lovely people who are who would love to have your baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)