Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Getting baby to turn - advice needed *UPDATE page 5*

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:11 AM
  • 58 Replies
I'm 39w 3d and baby is posterior. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get her to turn around? I've tried getting on all 4's until I can't do it anymore and sitting straight up but nothing is turning her.

Update page 5
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Why do you want her to turn?

I had ds posterior just wondering
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Emmau
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:16 AM
My babe just turned. I used a bean bag and propped my hips and legs up so I was basically as "upside down" as I could be. I also put an ice pack where her head was and a heat pack at the bottom to encourage her o turn towards the heat. I did that for 15-20 min 2-3 times a day.

I also straddled a kitchen chair backwards (to open my hips) and used the ice/heat that way too.

Try to avoid crossing your legs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLittlePwny
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Everything I have read says it can make labor longer an increase my chances of a c section. I know it's possible for babies to be born that way, I just really don't want a section.

Quoting mama2gg:

MyLittlePwny
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Straddling a chair... That never occurred to me but sounds like a great idea. She's already head down, just facing out instead of in so I'm not sure if the heat/ice thing would work.

Quoting Mommy2Emmau:

My babe just turned. I used a bean bag and propped my hips and legs up so I was basically as "upside down" as I could be. I also put an ice pack where her head was and a heat pack at the bottom to encourage her o turn towards the heat. I did that for 15-20 min 2-3 times a day.

I also straddled a kitchen chair backwards (to open my hips) and used the ice/heat that way too.

Try to avoid crossing your legs.
mama2gg
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM
You know I've workee ob and never heard this lol

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Everything I have read says it can make labor longer an increase my chances of a c section. I know it's possible for babies to be born that way, I just really don't want a section.

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLittlePwny
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Yeah you could go to SpinningBabies.com or What to Expect When You're Expecting. Lots of sources all say the same thing. It also makes going into labor, staying in labor and progressing more difficult, hence the higher chance if a c section.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting mama2gg:

mama2gg
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Interesting ill look up some medical info not a website and see what it says :) thanks

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Yeah you could go to SpinningBabies.com or What to Expect When You're Expecting. Lots of sources all say the same thing. It also makes going into labor, staying in labor and progressing more difficult, hence the higher chance if a c section.

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM

They say getting on all fours and doing pelvic tilts, like the yoga cat/cow poses, can help.  DS was posterior.  I did end up with a c-section, but that had more to do with the fact that his cord was wrapped in a way that made his heart stop when I pushed.  Thankfully he came out okay and is a healthy happy 4 year old.  Posterior position isn't the worst thing, mama.  Yes, it can give you back labor, and it can be a little more complicated, but babies come out posterior all the time.  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MyLittlePwny
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM
No problem.

Your posterior baby, did he/she get bruises on the face? My brother was born posterior and had to be helped with forceps. He had a huge forceps bruise on his face. Other babies I've seen get bruising pretty bad from the face going against the pelvic bone.

Quoting mama2gg:

Interesting ill look up some medical info not a website and see what it says :) thanks

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting mama2gg:

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

Quoting mama2gg:

MyLittlePwny
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Thank you for the reassurance mama :) I have a bad fear of being cut up and all, so a c section just freaks me out. I know it wouldn't be the end of the world, just incredibly undesirable.

Are you talking about the downward facing dog position? Or as close to it as possible? Would that un engage her and lose the progress I've made?

Quoting musicpisces:

They say getting on all fours and doing pelvic tilts, like the yoga cat/cow poses, can help.  DS was posterior.  I did end up with a c-section, but that had more to do with the fact that his cord was wrapped in a way that made his heart stop when I pushed.  Thankfully he came out okay and is a healthy happy 4 year old.  Posterior position isn't the worst thing, mama.  Yes, it can give you back labor, and it can be a little more complicated, but babies come out posterior all the time.  =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)