Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help knowing when i conceived please help

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:45 AM
  • 10 Replies

I have recently just found out that I am pregnant and I havent been able to get in to see a OBGYN yet and I am curious to know when I conceived. I had my last period around september 8th and did not have one in october or this month in november obviously. So can anyone help me of when i conceived?

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Congrats!
:-)

The usual method gives us dates from the start of our last period.    That is a very common method and pretty generalized.     An early ultrasound can get the dating closer but not everyone wants that exposure.    Experienced providers can narrow it down by checking the fetal pulse rate (but with an early pregnancy this would mean Doppler/more ultrasound exposure).    

Were you TTC/charting your cycle?

You might try this:   Conception Calculator - Reverse Due Date Calculator | BabyMed.com

GL!

mommyof2kids306
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:59 AM
My last menstral was sept 18 my first sono is dec 10th my app says I conceived oct 2 but I'm not sure either so here's a bump

Quoting Newmom89202:

I have recently just found out that I am pregnant and I havent been able to get in to see a OBGYN yet and I am curious to know when I conceived. I had my last period around september 8th and did not have one in october or this month in november obviously. So can anyone help me of when i conceived?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:10 AM
The dude date calculator on babycenter.com says you conceived Oct 2 and you are due June 25. That would mean you are 9 weeks along. It would be what the drs go by. I found one online before that takes into account the length of cycles and such. Search on google. Congrats Mamma!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newmom89202
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:18 AM

hmm well I asked this lady at work and she told me that I conceived probbaly around september 19th or something because I had a period september 8th but i didnt have one in october 8 or this month..how could i have concieved oct 2nd if my period was supposed to be 0ctober 8th. sorry im soo confused first pregnancy and ive never understood this aspect.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Quoting Newmom89202:

When we talk about a due date based from our last period it is pretty odd!  
We start counting when we get the period (clearly not yet pregnant though!), and when we conceive we are about "2 weeks along."     If you start counting your pregnancy from conception it would be unusual and would refer to it like "I am four weeks pregnant, from conception" since it's not the norm.

Calculating Your Due Date - When is my baby due?

Newmom89202
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:45 AM

huh...lol so what you are saying is to not count the date of my last period? like my last period was around september 8th...so i mean i just wanna know when i conceived lol..im just getting more confused

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Quoting Newmom89202:

huh...lol so what you are saying is to not count the date of my last period? like my last period was around september 8th...so i mean i just wanna know when i conceived lol..im just getting more confused

oh no, sorry-- 

Yes, we figure out when we are due based on when we had our (last) period.   
   The first day you started it, to be exact.       You go 40 weeks from there to determine the due date.

If you started your period on Sept. 8th then we assume you conceived around 2 weeks after that.

But you still start tracking your weeks of pregnancy from Sept 8th (period date).

mommyof2kids306
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:55 AM
My last menstral was sept 18 and June 25 is my due date hers has to be different

Quoting SarineLewis:

The dude date calculator on babycenter.com says you conceived Oct 2 and you are due June 25. That would mean you are 9 weeks along. It would be what the drs go by. I found one online before that takes into account the length of cycles and such. Search on google. Congrats Mamma!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, oops. I went by yours on accident. The due date would be June 15.

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

My last menstral was sept 18 and June 25 is my due date hers has to be different

Quoting SarineLewis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:58 PM
If you have a normal 28 day cycle then you probably conceived around the 12-16th day of your cycle. So being that a dr is going to count from the first day of your last period , you would be in your 10th week or close to your 11th... congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)