Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Are you kidding me?!

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM
  • 18 Replies
So ladies I need some advice and to vent a Lil bit, today I am finding out if I'm
Pregnant with twins! So it shld be way exciting but....my mom and mother inlaw are driving me batty with fighting over who cld go to the appts with my husband and I, how do I deal with this? How do I avoid hurting one or both of their feelings?
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperMom2433
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Aren't parents and in laws fun? My mother and mother in law hate each other. Its because they have similar personalities. Anyhow, I would personally tell them both, "If you two can't get along and act maturely then neither one of you are going. Can they both not go? Have them flip a coin. They are adults. They should be able to just decide maturely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't let either come with to avoid drama or anyone feeling left out. I just showed them both the pictures afterwards.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMom2433
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM
This is kind of what I was thinking. If op's already going through this now, imagine what the birth is going to be like. Poor op...

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

I didn't let either come with to avoid drama or anyone feeling left out. I just showed them both the pictures afterwards.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmama06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

TristaB
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Don't let either go! Just tell them you and hubby want to keep those just between you two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hplesha
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Either one of our parents went to any of my appts. My mil went to a few, but she was in the waiting room! When it came to the ultrasounds, only me and dh were there and sometimes my oldest son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Exactly!! I never really had them say much about anything but Dh and I decided to nip it in the bud before any drama had a chance to develop. I'm having a csection next week and I even told them to wait to come to the hospital until Dh calls them. That way they are both notified at the same time and no one feels like the other got more time etcera...

Quoting SuperMom2433:

This is kind of what I was thinking. If op's already going through this now, imagine what the birth is going to be like. Poor op...

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:08 PM
You don't worry about their feelings. The pregnancy and appointments are for you to enjoy. They don't get to decide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM

say neither one can come, I never let any family members come to the appointments. with my first I brought my mom and MIL to an ultrasound at one of those places that do ultrasounds and that was a hell ride, o I keep extend family out always.

austinsmama1106
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:24 PM
My mom came to the gender ultrasound of my first, my MIL came for the second and neither came for the third. If I could change things I would go with just hubby for all of them.
Also if your under 12 weeks, it will probably be internal - do you really want anyone besides your hubby and doctor in the room?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN