Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Working while pregnant.

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM
  • 12 Replies
This pregnancy has gone great so far. I'm 22 weeks but you can't really tell due to how small I was before I got pregnant. We need the money do I put in applications. I got a call today for an interview at ihop. It's better than nothing. I'm hoping I get it. I'm also not planning on telling them I'm pregnant until after I get the job (if I get it) so send some good luck my way please. We could really use this!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife-aly
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I am pretty certian that it is a law that you do not have disclose that you are pregnant until you are ready to do so. No need to spill the beans ASAP unless you just want to. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker

babylove041810
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I'd rather not lol. I don't want to ruin my chances. They are already low due to no job experience. Ever. So I'm just going to wait. They're not going to ask so it's not like I'd be lying. :)

Quoting armywife-aly:

I am pretty certian that it is a law that you do not have disclose that you are pregnant until you are ready to do so. No need to spill the beans ASAP unless you just want to. 

Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM

They can't discriminate against you for being pregnant either, it's a law.

babylove041810
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM
I know but if they knew even if they wanted to give the job they probably wouldn't and they would just use my lack of experience as the excuse.

Quoting Racheldp20:

They can't discriminate against you for being pregnant either, it's a law.

Meghan6391
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM
I was canned from my last job the day my husband bought me a pregnancy test there. It was bull
babylove041810
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM
:( I'm sorry. You could have taken them to court.

Quoting Meghan6391:

I was canned from my last job the day my husband bought me a pregnancy test there. It was bull
Meghan6391
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM
They came up with a bs reason to do so, they hated me for telling a manager off who wanted to cuss me out infront of customers

Quoting babylove041810:

:( I'm sorry. You could have taken them to court.

Quoting Meghan6391:

Clei420
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
My friend got a job when she was about 5 months along. She does customer service for Best Buy from her home. I will get the information for you if you like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babylove041810
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM
That would be amazing if it's not to much trouble!

Quoting Clei420:

My friend got a job when she was about 5 months along. She does customer service for Best Buy from her home. I will get the information for you if you like.
Clei420
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:17 PM
http://www.teletech.com/

She said the training is intense but it's a job. I'm thinking about looking into myself.

Quoting babylove041810:

That would be amazing if it's not to much trouble!

Quoting Clei420:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)