Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Hands and knees delivery

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:27 AM
  • 54 Replies
If you delivered this way, did you feel disconnected from your birth/baby?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2gg
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Ha no why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveOfWisdom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Well because I am. I'm having a very hard time processing my delivery and feel very disconnected from delivering in that position.

Quoting mama2gg:

Ha no why?
mama2gg
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Ohh I'm sorry ..I thought because its posted in pregnancy you were thinking of doing it this way and wanted stories ...I'm sorry your having a hard time what about it do you think bothered you?

Ill try and help :)

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Well because I am. I'm having a very hard time processing my delivery and feel very disconnected from delivering in that position.

Quoting mama2gg:

Ha no why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Talk to your doctor about it.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the same person because you changed your screen name, but didn't you have a big breakdown after your August baby was born? If so, it probably has little to do with the fact that you delivered in a different position, and more to do with PPD etc.

LoveOfWisdom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Yeah, but much later and I'm just feeling like this for that last 15 minutes of my quick delivery. I'm happy about everything else before and after.

Quoting Randi02:

Talk to your doctor about it.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the same person because you changed your screen name, but didn't you have a big breakdown after your August baby was born? If so, it probably has little to do with the fact that you delivered in a different position, and more to do with PPD etc.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:36 PM

No!
It was wonderful!
:-)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Did this choice come from you or did you feel encouraged or pressured?

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

orangeshirt
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you enjoy immediate skin-to-skin bonding after birth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveOfWisdom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM
After my water broke my ob checked me and I was 7-8 so she suggested getting on my hands and knees to help with the pain (which I did last time too) and within minutes I was pushing and couldn't get to my back.

Quoting doulala:

Did this choice come from you or did you feel encouraged or pressured?

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

LoveOfWisdom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM
I was in so much pain I didn't want to hold her. My doula/midwife, hubby, nurses and ob were all very encouraging. They encouraged me to focus on her not the pain, but I couldn't an asked them to take her to the warmer to weigh and measure.

Edit, but very soon after that was gone and we were doing skin to skin. She nursed for 40 minutes before leaving the delivery room. It's just that time of actual delivery and right after.

Quoting orangeshirt:

Did you enjoy immediate skin-to-skin bonding after birth?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN