Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nervous wreck

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi all-

I am sixteen weeks 4 days with my second baby. I go to the doctor for reg ob appt on Monday (have had a ton). We tried for four years to get this baby-six failed IUI's and four failed IVF's all with no diagnosis. Now this happened on our own. Baby is fine, had ultrasounds, very healthy, etc. I just have this horrible feeling something terrible will happen. I remember feeling this way a little with my first-totally healthy full term baby boy, but nothing like this. I know the cause, is feeling it's too good to be true and something we wanted so long and were dissapointed so much, that I'm afraid to be let down. My doc keeps reassuring me, but I just feel like something bad will happen. Like I will go in and they will do an ultrasound on Monday and tell me my baby is dead or something. I can't say I have felt much movement, but I have a lot of scar tissue from my first c-section and the placenta is at the front of my uterus or something, so he had told me I might not feel movement as early as normal. I just feel panicked. I feel so great when I leave the appt and I'm hoping to find out the sex. My husband has been very supportive, but just feel like it's so morbid and I should just be ecstatically happy, not panicked all the time. Any kind words or just to know others have felt this way and their babies have been fine would be great.

Thanks and sorry so long,

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife2jeff
by Joy on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Hugs! Hoping for good news at your appointment:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2babys2mamas
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Don't stress! It is easier said than done. I thought for sure this pregnancy was going to fail, and that I couldn't be so lucky, somewhere around 24 weeks I realized that if something went wrong, there was still a decent chance the baby would survive....and now I'm in a state of disbelief that this is really happening, in two months we will have two little baby boys here. :-) try to keep your doubt in the back of your mind, and cherish those lil milestones your baby makes, they have been know. To save babies in distress as early as 20 weeks, it sounds like you are hitting the safe zone, try to enjoy the fun parts of pregnancy,before you know it the baby will be here, happy and healthy. :-)
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Hang in there. Im sure everything will be fine! Try relaxing with a warm bath or going to get a pedi or something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natoyas
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
stress is the worst thing .....im 27 weeks now and didnt think i would get this far... but relax and all u can do is take one day at a time .your gonna do great and all will be in your blessing :)))))))
soaringflutes
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM

You've been through alot, so I think it's natural for you to expect the worse. I was afraid something would happen to my baby and had a lot of negative thoughts as well, but so far everything is fine.  The way I combatted my negativity was to say "My baby is FINE," everytime I had a negative thought.  It must have worked, because I'm not so worried anymore.

mama2gg
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Sounds like everything is normal and yes it will take awhile to feel baby with placenta on the front as anterior placenta I've got one and JUST NOW am feeling my little girl at 20 weeks (I'm 21 weeks now)

Its also normal to worry we have ttc for 4 years and one late second tri loss ...this little one is doing great but worry is still there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM

*hugs* I understand where you're coming from. I still get moments of panick with this baby. I had two perfectly healthy baby girls but then last year I had a miscarriage. Early this year I had another one and at that appointment when I went in at 9 weeks they told me that my baby had passed away. I think I spend the entire first trimester with this one praying for peace. I'm 22 weeks today and my son is perfectly healthy! :-) I keep having to remind myself that God is in control. Now that I can feel the baby consistently and other people can feel him I find myself less scared and more excited. :-)

Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM

It could just be the crazy hormones, exaggerating your emotions of anxiety. A lot of moms have this actually. It's just so important and miraculous that it's hard to stay calm about when you feel like you have little or no control. But what's meant to be will always find a way and it sounds like this little miracle baby is meant to be.

Wifey_MommyToBe
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Im due in 2 weeks . i never thought i would make it this far i feel like every woman will worry up until the day they hold their precious baby in their arms. dont stress :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BosGirl0906
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM
I've had 2 m/c so I completely understand your concerns. I'm 19 weeks and I haven't felt the baby move yet but I'm not a super tiny girl so it may take a little longer for me to notice movement. After my 12 week appt, I ordered a home fetal Doppler, it was way more affordable than I expected (about $50). I listen to my baby's heartbeat at least every other day. Maybe u could look into getting one of those, to help ease your mind. It's been a big help for me. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way for a safe, worry-free pregnancy. Good luck mama!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)