Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

false alarm

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 5 Replies
So I ended up in L&D with false labor last night. I deep down knew it was but to put dh as well as myself at ease we called the doc and headed in. My contractions stopped, no joke, the minute my butt hit the seat of the l&d floor bench. I was so embarassed but I can deal with that. It wasn't baby's time and I am fine with that. However, what I am not fine with, is the way dh and I were treated. I had heard the rumor that the staff at this particular hospital was notoriously rude. It has been my biggest fear all along but my insurance deemed that to be the place I would have to deliver since I worked for that particulae hospital system. I was hoping people would be wrong. :/ I have already had some pretty bad pregnancy anxiety and now I really don't want to go back. The only reason I don't go back to where my ds was born (insurance changed so I am free to go wherever) is because I absolutely love my OB. I cam't leave her now. She has done for much for us. Never making me feel stupid or like I was bothering her with my concerns....unlike the floor staff who made me feel dumb (as if I didn't already make myself feek bad). Ugh. I am a sobbing, exhausted hormonal mess today due to lack of sleep and all I can think about is how I want the awesome nursing staff I had with ds#1 at this hospital. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:24 AM
2 moms liked this
Call them out on their rudeness. Don't let them. Ask for the supervisor if when you go into real labor they are still rude. Get some rest and don't worry about them right now. Since you know what to expect when you go in you and your Dh can better prepare yourselves to handle rude nurses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM
this

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Call them out on their rudeness. Don't let them. Ask for the supervisor if when you go into real labor they are still rude. Get some rest and don't worry about them right now. Since you know what to expect when you go in you and your Dh can better prepare yourselves to handle rude nurses.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
november117
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Their charge nurse was the rudest of them all. But you are right. Now we know what to expect and are better prepared to handle it. :)

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Totally agree I'm 21 weeks and had a kidney stone and in pain they put me in a room for a few days on lnd and I had one nurse that was a bitch I told her so " your acting like a bitch, I'm pregnant and in pain I dont need your mouth I want a new nurse NOW" she didn't say a word left and my next nurse was a DOLL

You do NOT have to put up with it its up to YOU to stop it!

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM
I work around nurses and Doctor's. I know how rude and nasty some can get. If the charge nurse is the rudest, threaten her. Guarantee someone has a higher position than her ;)

Quoting november117:

Their charge nurse was the rudest of them all. But you are right. Now we know what to expect and are better prepared to handle it. :)

Quoting lovemyhoney19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN