Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

This wait is going to kill me.

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM
  • 42 Replies

So first let me say I'm happy with either gender God gives us. It doesn't matter to me.

I've taken down my Gender Reveal Party pictures on facebook, and I'm sorry but it bothers the heck out of of me right now... Not the fact that it may be a boy, boys are fun, but the fact that's we're unsure... 
Now I will say yes, it's still early (15 weeks) and I know it's not 100% either way. The Tec wasn't going to call it because its just so early, and I let my husband call it. I honestly should have said, "No lets wait 2 more weeks it wont kill us." Joe and the Tec were so back and forth but he waited to call it himself, and yeah it will be funny when she/he is older that, "Ha we were confused if you had a penis or a vagina."

The only ultrasound photo we have really is bad. It's fuzzy, small, and at an odd angle. To JOE AND I it looks like the baby is sitting on it's foot, so a toe is juuuuust in the right area. Laugh but that's what my gut is telling me. Plus Joe kept saying he didn't see anything until this photo... We go back in 2 weeks to confirm. 
No, I won't post a photo people are going to rip me for being a "snob" about this all anyways so I don't feel like adding to it... Plus I don't want people staring at my baby's privates lol.

So yep I won't be sleeping for 2 weeks....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandy1017
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I hate it when the gender shots are confusing!!! Its hard ! lol  I was told boy at 22 weeks, I saw ALL the parts... I just had my 27 week scan this last tuesday and the tech said the boy parts were GONE! so now im going a little crazy on the inside cause I want to know what the heck happend! I wanted a girl this time around, but I was told boy then told no boy parts lol, but he didnt say girl either..... so im just waiting for my next scan in 4 weeks

Byrd15
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:04 PM

OH WOW! I am so sorry!

The reason we're trying so hard so early is because Joe is leaving for a 9 month deployment in January and we want him to know before he leaves and help get us set up... But wow to get such confusing results. Im so sorry! 

Its so confusing. I mean we want a girl BAD, but I'm not throwing a fit if its a boy, I just dont think the picture looks good at all. You can PM me and I'll show you. 

Quoting mandy1017:

I hate it when the gender shots are confusing!!! Its hard ! lol  I was told boy at 22 weeks, I saw ALL the parts... I just had my 27 week scan this last tuesday and the tech said the boy parts were GONE! so now im going a little crazy on the inside cause I want to know what the heck happend! I wanted a girl this time around, but I was told boy then told no boy parts lol, but he didnt say girl either..... so im just waiting for my next scan in 4 weeks

Byrd15
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM

bump

Alyssa1992
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Do the drano test! It was right for me and my mom's friend who did it!!

Byrd15
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Drano? Like the crud you put down the drain to get out clogs? What do I do! I'll deo anything but buy a 30$ test from Walgreen's... I hear they suck anyways lol. 

Quoting Alyssa1992:

Alyssa1992
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

You get the crystal drano, not liquid and you get about 2 tablespoons and put it in a jar or whatever. (something u can throw away!).. you pee in a cup (also one u dont mind throwing away.. go outside and pour ur urine into the drano (gross i know.. dont spill it lol) this will cause a chemical reaction (it smells and gets hot so be careful) once the reaction stops (after about 15 seconds or so) if it turns colors its a boy.. if it stays the same color its a girl!! Mine got a dark dark brown and im having a boy!!! :) oh and make sure the jar u use is pretty big because mine fizzled over a little. some people online say it doesnt work but i swear by it. I did it a few times and got the same reaction and i know for 100% im having a boy because i had to have an amnio done!!

Quoting Byrd15:

Drano? Like the crud you put down the drain to get out clogs? What do I do! I'll deo anything but buy a 30$ test from Walgreen's... I hear they suck anyways lol. 

Quoting Alyssa1992:

Byrd15
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Whats amino?

And definitely I will try this tomorrow if I can! :D Thanks! 

Quoting Alyssa1992:

You get the crystal drano, not liquid and you get about 2 tablespoons and put it in a jar or whatever. (something u can throw away!).. you pee in a cup (also one u dont mind throwing away.. go outside and pour ur urine into the drano (gross i know.. dont spill it lol) this will cause a chemical reaction (it smells and gets hot so be careful) once the reaction stops (after about 15 seconds or so) if it turns colors its a boy.. if it stays the same color its a girl!! Mine got a dark dark brown and im having a boy!!! :) oh and make sure the jar u use is pretty big because mine fizzled over a little. some people online say it doesnt work but i swear by it. I did it a few times and got the same reaction and i know for 100% im having a boy because i had to have an amnio done!!

Quoting Byrd15:

Quoting Alyssa1992:

amy31308
by Ashlee on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM

It was a very odd shot.

Alyssa1992
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Welcome!! You might wanna have hubby around to help mix the stuff though even though u just pour it in people think the smell is dangerous.. i did it and just held my nose though. lol its not that bad of a smell. and an amnio is also called an amniocentesis.. its where they test your amniotic fluid.. its for babies they think have a chromosonal disorder.

Quoting Byrd15:

Whats amino?

And definitely I will try this tomorrow if I can! :D Thanks! 

Quoting Alyssa1992:

Quoting Byrd15:

Quoting Alyssa1992:

Byrd15
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I know Ashlee... Thank you very much for your love and support through this. You keep me strong! T.T

Quoting amy31308:

It was a very odd shot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN