Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

coconut oil vs. coco butter

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM
  • 12 Replies
Sooo my belly is expanding quickly, at 15wks i am bigger than i was at 8 months with my first 2. So i am starting to worry about those nasty little purple marks. I only got a few on my sides before but i have seen what a big belly can do. So my question is which works better. My sister used coco butter everyday but is still covered in stretch marks and i have read coconut oil works really well but dont know anyone that has used it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM
I use coconut oil for everything, even cooking :)

Was she using pure cocoa butter?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Just an FYI, if you are gonna get stretch marks there is nothing that you can do to stop them. Moisturizing will help with itching and will help them fade but will not prevent them.
mama-smurf
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
I use cocoa butter. Wih ds i got streth marks. With dd i put t on everyday and didnt get any. I m 30 weeks and no stretch marks.
anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Stuff like this is why I think that stretch marks are more than just genetics.  

Quoting mama-smurf:

I use cocoa butter. Wih ds i got streth marks. With dd i put t on everyday and didnt get any. I m 30 weeks and no stretch marks.

mama-smurf
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Yeah. My mom got stretch marks bad with every pregnamcy. Only reason why i believe i t didnt work with ds is because i didnt use it.

Quoting anxiousschk:

Stuff like this is why I think that stretch marks are more than just genetics.  

Quoting mama-smurf:

RheaF
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Are you bigger this time than with your first? A lot of times if your about the same size you won't get them. It is more than just genetics too. It has to do with how fast you grow and your skins elasticity.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Calling stretch marks nasty is pretty offensive to those of us who are covered in them. Just sayin'. It all has to do with genetics, no amount of oils/creams/butters will prevent them if you're going to get them. I use cononut oil for everything though. It certainly helps with the itching of the stretching skin. 

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I'm pretty sure it's not intended to be offensive.  I know I have a few from DD1 (like, 2...the others are simply from puberty...my hips were not pleased).  

I don't find the term offensive and I will gladly admit that I am terrified of getting them this pregnancy.  

Personally, I don't find stretch marks attractive.  

Also, if you check above, we mention that some people get them sometimes and not others, indicating that it is NOT 100% genetics.  I truly don't believe that it is.  

Quoting Pandapanda:

Calling stretch marks nasty is pretty offensive to those of us who are covered in them. Just sayin'. It all has to do with genetics, no amount of oils/creams/butters will prevent them if you're going to get them. I use cononut oil for everything though. It certainly helps with the itching of the stretching skin. 

mama-smurf
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Not really. I been itching like crazy and more just likeni did with my son. I gsined lot of weight with all kods and lost a lot top

Quoting RheaF:

Are you bigger this time than with your first? A lot of times if your about the same size you won't get them. It is more than just genetics too. It has to do with how fast you grow and your skins elasticity.

Quoting mama-smurf:

teagsmommy
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Since i said "i got a few before" offensive is not what I was going for, but thank you for putting the negative spin on it. Yes i fear getting more because i am extremely pale and they never fade. Breast feeding was far less kind to me than pregnancy was and no one warns you about those stretch marks.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)