Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

39 weeks on Tuesday..PIOG

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have a appt that day too, finally getting checked for dilation/effacement. I'm hoping I've made some progress considering I have been losing my mucus plug, having tons of contractions, she's sooo low. I'm due 12/4 which is my son's 6th birthday so hoping she comes next week before or on Thursday or after sat because were having my son's party the 1st. Oh and not tuesday, i dont want my kids to share birthdays...My other two came at 40+1weeks and 39weeks exactly idk why I thought she'd come earlier lol. I am just hoping not to go too far over due, my doctor will probably induce at 41 weeks if I do. Maybe a 12-12-12 baby lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! :)

lovengrace
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow a 12-12-12. That would be something. My previous was born 12-10-10. And this one i hope 2-2-13 (edd:2-4-13).
doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you having a normal-healthy pregnancy?
What if you aren't progressed at all?
Do you want to be induced for elective reasons?
You can check yourself if you want, too.     But either way/either location, be aware of the risks with this.

hugs and GL!
:-)

Benswifey10710
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Yes
I'm pretty sure I will be..
Besides being over due yes. I've never gone over due so I don't think I will have to be induced but it's a possibility.
I'm not into checking myself lol
My doctor actually refuses to check til 39 weeks because of risk of infection etc so I trust him. He also won't induce til 41 weeks.

Quoting doulala:

Are you having a normal-healthy pregnancy?
What if you aren't progressed at all?
Do you want to be induced for elective reasons?
You can check yourself if you want, too.     But either way/either location, be aware of the risks with this.

hugs and GL!
:-)

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I hope you don't have to induce, glad to hear you doubt it will be necessary!     Safest to save interventions ( = risks) for a true need, kwim?
Some doctors check earlier, some never do ( I haven't been checked in my pregnancies)--  but the risk doesn't suddenly go away just because mom is at 39 weeks.    ;-)
   If there is an unnecessary risk worth avoiding at 38 it's still present at 40, beyond.

Do you mean overdue after the average month-long due period (38-42 weeks) or just past the midpoint (40 weeks)?

Some moms do check themselves and it's not too tricky.    So you can if you wanted to...   lol   Checking yourself would be safer, but still no need to add the risks.     And of course it can lead to induction among other issues.

Your doctor might want to induce early but it is always your decision.    You can tell him you want to save intervening only for a true need, and that health & safety is your priority.   
You get to decide!   :-)

Best wishes!

Quoting Benswifey10710:

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Benswifey10710
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Thanks and yes beyond 40 weeks. I have only ever got to 40+1 so I'm thinking/hoping the same for my third & last..if my cervix is favorable I will induce at 41 weeks but not a day before.

Quoting doulala:

I hope you don't have to induce, glad to hear you doubt it will be necessary!     Safest to save interventions ( = risks) for a true need, kwim?
Some doctors check earlier, some never do ( I haven't been checked in my pregnancies)--  but the risk doesn't suddenly go away just because mom is at 39 weeks.    ;-)
   If there is an unnecessary risk worth avoiding at 38 it's still present at 40, beyond.

Do you mean overdue after the average month-long due period (38-42 weeks) or just past the midpoint (40 weeks)?

Some moms do check themselves and it's not too tricky.    So you can if you wanted to...   lol   Checking yourself would be safer, but still no need to add the risks.     And of course it can lead to induction among other issues.

Your doctor might want to induce early but it is always your decision.    You can tell him you want to save intervening only for a true need, and that health & safety is your priority.   
You get to decide!   :-)

Best wishes!

Quoting Benswifey10710:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured