Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby Ezekiel is already 6 days old!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I finally have some time to post Ezekiel's birth story and a few pics of our handsome little guy :)

Here is Ezekiel's birth story :)

Well now that I have a minute and can actually think clearly back to yesterday, here's Zeke's Birth Story. We woke up at 4 am nov. 19th and get to the hospital at 5 am and get checked in. I was so nervous in the way to the hospital as I wasn't sure what was going to happen or how the labor would go. My first induction turned into a failed induction, 24 hours of labor, and emergency c/s but my dr insisted we do a controlled induction due to my fast deliveries with my two previous children. We got all the paperwork ready to go, got my iv in to begin Pitocin at 6:30 am. The nurse checked me right before beginning the process and I was 1.5-2 cm, 75% effaced, and baby Zeke was at -3 station. He was a stubborn little boy for sure! We started running Pitocin at moderate stages until my dr arrived at the hospital at 9 am. She came in at 9:15 am and checked me. I had progressed to 4 cm and 80% effaced, baby was still at -3 station. She decided to break my water and get things going. It took a lot of pulling and poking but it finally popped and out came a TON of water! Baby Zeke was loving life swimming in all that! No wonder I was huge lol Contractions started to come every 2-3 minutes but wasn't unbearable at that time quite yet. Dr came in at 12:30 pm to check me again and I was still stuck at 4 cm. She was a little worried I had no change after my water broke so she began talking about a c/s. She upped my Pitocin and waited to see if it intensified my contractions. It sure did but Zeke wasn't reacting well to the heavy amount of Pit so my dr decided to do an intrauterine monitor to keep an eye on zeke and also see how intense my contractions were. He still wasn't taking the Pit so well bit I had managed to progress to 5 cm. My dr decided to stop the pitocin and see if my body would take over. This was about 1:30 pm. My contractions became so intense and strong I could barely handle the pain anymore so of course I opted for my epidural. After a few more intense contractions, the anesthesiologist was on his way to my room and hook me up. After a few more intense contractions, they finally settled down and the pain was considerably better! I felt the pressure but the pain wasn't there anymore. At 2 pm my epidural was in and I wasn't screaming anymore, saving my husbands hands the nurses ears lol I was finally able to get some sleep :) The nurse checked me around 2:30 pm and I had progressed to 7 cm, 90% effaced, and -1 station. I felt some more pressure so she checked me again around 2:45 pm and I had progressed to 9 cm, 100% effaced, and 0 station. From the beginning of the day I kept telling my husband Ezekiel was going to come into the world at 3:15! At 3 pm I was checked again after shaking so bad and throwing up once. Nurse told me I was probably ready to go! Sure enough, she checked again and I was fully dilated, fully effaced, and he was on his way! I was so excited I might actually meet my goal of 3:15. I started pushing with the nurses around 3:15 but my dr wasn't there yet so they told me do a few pushes to see where I was at with pushing. Apparently I'm an excellent pusher cause zeke was about to come before the dr could meet him lol They told me to stop, and we waited for the dr. She finally came in around 3:30, got suited up, and told me to start pushing again. It took maybe 4 big pushes and a few small ones and Ezekiel was born at 3:42 pm. He didn't start crying right away but we knew he was just taking his time :) He scored an 8,9,9 on his first Apgar Test and was so alert when the nurses brought him to us. We are so in love with him! He waited a little while to breast feed but he's getting the hang of it and everything is going well :) He weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20.5 inches long :) Thanks ladies for all the encouragement through this pregnancy!

Last belly pic :)

Ezekiel Jerry Hurst :) 1 day old

Our first picture together :)

Sleepy Ezekiel 3 days old

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM
What a cutie... Congrats mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AidanCamsMom
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Congrats! He's adorable!

ncohetero
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Total cutie. Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meghs822
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Soooo cute! Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomRocs1102
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Little Cutie, congrats

heatherd09
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Aw he is so cute!! Congrats mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Congrats!! He is adorable!  

My oldest is named Ezekiel.. we call him Zeke. 

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Congrats! I love his little feets in the first picture!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Congrats! He is adorable!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

How Cute! Congrats Mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN