Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Teen Mom Here and I Ned Help

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

Well, I'm 19 now and right now people are texting my phone calling me names because I got pregnant and the father wants to be part of the babies life, but there is just one problem with that his parents are racists and they are separating us and my mom is still mad at me she hasn't spoken to me in like 3weeks well my whole pregnancy and my dad he is very strict and he isnt helping either I need help

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Sounds like a rough situation, mama.  I'm glad to hear that the father wants to be involved.  Is he a legal adult?  Because yes, 19 is young, but you're an adult, and if you plan to have this baby, you're going to need all the help you can get, but it sounds like you might be on your own.  That said, even if he somehow doesn't end up being involved, you can require a paternity test, and if it does show that he's the father (which I assume it will), he will be on the hook for child support, unless he signs away his rights.

Hopefully your parents will come around in their own time.  Maybe help them to see the positive stuff?

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Shaketa123
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Well, he is 25 and his parents wants him to get a paternity test. but he tells them no however, my parents my mom is coming I see her a little more but my dad doesnt want to see because he says I'm an embarrassment

Jacylove
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Aww that sucks. Am sorry to hear that! I'm young also am 19' ppl are stupid! I got the same treatment, like ppl saying that "I knew she would get pregnant sooner or later" or just shit like that, it hurts but it's better to talk with someone to let it out, don't keep stuff in and hurt ur self with stress it's bad for the baby, as for family they will come around, family will always be family forever and they have to accept it. If anything u can message me or facebook; I pretty much know how u feel, I'm just glad it's almost over :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaFrankie
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my 1st at 19 , go sign up for child support after your child is born. The court will order a DNA test depending on your state if you aren't married. You can sign up for WIC which provides healthy food for you while your pregnant and formula after baby is born. You can get Medicaid/care (not sure which one) for health insurence for you &+ baby. Also you may qualify for housing so you can get away from your family situation. Just Google your state requirements and programs there's a lot of help out there esp for pregnant woman , take it while you get on your feet. Best of luck. And stay focused on yourself &+ baby bc you two are the only ones who matter tune out the nonsense of others esp negitive ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Wow, Thank you I never knew that

Shaketa123
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Thank you! your advice is really helping me because right ow my friends arent even talking to me...'m glad there are ppl out there wiling to talk to me!!

mkmommy0406
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM
The hardest thing to learn in life, no matter what age, is that others' opinions of you aren't what matters. I got married at 19 and had my first at 20. It hard but it's possible. Hopefully your parents will come around before the baby arrives and if the father wants to be a part of it with you, then awesome! It's time to make your own family! Like a pp said, look into any help you can get. And also look into any school programs that will help you with a better paying job! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaketa123
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Well, How will I be able to Manage having a bby and going to college should I find a college that has a daycare center

MamaFrankie
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Shaketa123:

Well, How will I be able to Manage having a bby and going to college should I find a college that has a daycare center

There is some states with programs that will pay for at least half the cost of daycare if you are full time student and I know there is scholarships for single moms. Google google google. Start doing research on your state programs that's going to help you the most.

musicpisces
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM

It's tough but it's possible.  Definitely find out about the daycare at the colleges in your area.  DS goes to the one at my school, and we qualify for him to go for free!

Just FYI, if you are responding to someone, if you hit the "quote" button under their response, it'll include their response (like this one), and notify them, so they can respond back.  =)

Quoting Shaketa123:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN