Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Becoming pregnant

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM
  • 8 Replies

I stopped taking my birth control pill the end of October and my last period started October 23. I have not had my next period and I am really hoping that we are pregnant! I took a pregnancy test on November 21st and it was a negative. I don't know if I tested too early thought because it is November 25 and I still don't have my period. Plus I also read online that if you take antihistamines it can produce a false negative. So my plan now is to stop taking my allergy medicine and to try to test again. How do other hopeful moms out there quell the test taking urge? I want to take a new test every day! I have always worried that I couldn't get pregnant so that's why I'm so hopeful we have gotten lucky the first month out of the gate.

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kblpooh
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It could be too early or that you ovulated later than you. thought. Are you cycles usually regular?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Also some pregnancy test are more sensitive than others. Try using first response early detection test. It's more sensitive. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.Martinez201
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Kinda early if you just stopped taking birth control, it took us almost a year after I stopped. your body will act as if you are pregnant if you wish to hard or think you are, also startin or stopping birth. control can mess up your cycle....no way to deny the hey tho, I thinl I took one weekly til I got a positive lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It might just be your body resetting after taking the additional hormones out of your system.  When DH and I were TTC our son, I literally bought pregnancy test in bulk (there are cheap ones on Amazon), and I was just testing every other day.  It became part of my routine.

How regular were your periods before the pill?  If they weren't regular before, they may or may not be now, and that can certainly affect when your period comes.  Have you been charting your cycle at all yet?  That can help you figure out when you're most fertile.

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

TTC2Long
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It often takes several mobths or more for cycles to regulate after coming off bc, depending on what you were on and how long. I was on the pill for 11 years, with 6 months of Depo thrown in there, and it took a solid year for my cycles to regulate. You also may have tested too early. I'd get a stack of dollar store tests and test every 2-3 days with fmu until bfp or af. GL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashann5
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I was very regular prior to taking birth control. In the past I stopped taking birth control for a almost 5 years and I was regular that whole time. I have not done any charting yet. We stopped taking birth control so I could see how my cycles are running. Its just so frustrating that my period hasn't started yet!

RunningMom81
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM

i buy a bunch of these and pee on one whenever i want!

http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/3pregtesstri.html

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I bought a bunch of the cheap pregnancy tests to use up for when I needed to just see.  lol!  Even if I was super early to test...it helped!  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured