Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

MC at 8wks... Question? :'(

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 169 Replies
Sorry for the sad post on this happy group of expectant mommies but I really didn't know where else to turn to... I'm just looking for hope and answers.

Had a missed mc last week and a D&C as a result. It was my first pregnancy and we're devastated. We are a healthy couple in our mid- late 20's so we thought the odds were very slim and the fact that this happend to us is still unbelievable.... Now I'm certain it can happen to anyone.

My questions is: how many of u ladies miscarried their first pregnancy and went on to having perfectly healthy pregnancy's after? :(
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bitemebetty
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM
From what I have read a huge number of woman mc their first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annhart19
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I didn't miscarry my first but I did miscarry my second and then had a healthy baby after that and am now pregnant again and am 13 weeks. It always worries me that I could miscarry again tho. But the worry is less the farther I get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duenov30
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I had a missed mc as well I found out at 9 weeks tht the baby stopped developing at 7 had my d&c was advised to wait 2 cycles before ttc again and then on the third cycle we conceived and he's now turning 2 on Friday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatyRod
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Thank u for this... It gives me hope. Congrats on ur son.
Quoting Duenov30:

I had a missed mc as well I found out at 9 weeks tht the baby stopped developing at 7 had my d&c was advised to wait 2 cycles before ttc again and then on the third cycle we conceived and he's now turning 2 on Friday!

NatyRod
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:08 AM
That's is really really unfortunate, but nice to know there's hope.
Quoting Bitemebetty:

From what I have read a huge number of woman mc their first.

czshcecnc
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Before my  11th child I had a missed miscarriage at 12 wks. and have had 3 children since then and expecting another.

Sorry for your loss. I have had 2 very early losses and 1 missed miscarriage.

NatyRod
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Congrats on ur new pregnancy... I know what u mean. I'm really excited about TTC again after my body heals but very scared that it might happen again. I pray however, that God gives me the strengh not to worry so much and understand that He is in control of my life and the future life that will start to grow withing me.
Quoting annhart19:

I didn't miscarry my first but I did miscarry my second and then had a healthy baby after that and am now pregnant again and am 13 weeks. It always worries me that I could miscarry again tho. But the worry is less the farther I get.

NatyRod
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
So sorry u also had to experience that. Congrats on ur big family. :)
Quoting czshcecnc:

Before my  11th child I had a missed miscarriage at 12 wks. and have had 3 children since then and expecting another.

Sorry for your loss. I have had 2 very early losses and 1 missed miscarriage.

Duenov30
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Thanks I hope it happens fast for you and I'm sorry for your loss. I just had my second actually in October and only advised to wait one period on that one so I'm back to ttc again a nd hoping its fast again!

Quoting NatyRod:

Thank u for this... It gives me hope. Congrats on ur son.

Quoting Duenov30:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmbergerHelper
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry :(

I miscarried with my first pregnancy in Oct of 08 and then got pregnant with my daughter in Dec of 08. So yes you can go on and have a healthy pregnancy. I really wish you the best of luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN