Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone else had this problem..?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

I don't know if this is where I'd post this, but anyways.. So, my boyfriend has this dog, a little dog.. And everytime i get around that dog, [or any dog actually] I start to get sick.. More so to my stomach, but i also get really bad stuffy nose. And I never had this problem with any animals before I got pregnant.. So, I'm wondering if anyone here has ever had this happen. I'd like to know if it's just a pregnancy thing, or is my baby allergic, or what..?

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MMerrill
by Melissa on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I had a chronic stuffy/runny nose through most of my pregnancy, it's a common symptom but I don't know about only getting it around the dog...that's kind of strange.  Maybe it's just a coincidence that you developed an allergy to dogs now or something.

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

OMGLasersPOWPOW
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Sensitivities can change during pregnancy and may or may not go away afterwards. With my second pregnancy (first born baby) I became sensitive to dairy, and while it mostly went away afterwards I still have an upset stomach sometimes after consuming it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kaylynnedj9
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Definetly a pregnancy thing. I haven't figured out what my preggo self is allergic to, but randomly in public(usually out to eat) I get a runny nose sneezing and conjestion, and by the time I'm home its gone

sj3starz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Your baby is not reacting to what is outside of your womb. Its impossible. It is possible for you to have different intolerances and allergies throughout life. I used to be able to dye my hair and now I blow up like a balloon. I also no longer have reactions to shrimp. My father also had a reaction to strawberries when he was in his 40s. He ate strawberries his whole life until then.
Maybe after pregnancy you should get an allergy test?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BreanuhhRena
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Thing is, I always get better after I leave.. And usually I end up with ringworms from the dog, i'm guessing thats what they're coming from.. I've never ever had ringworms in my life before now.. I dunno, I might get an allergy test afterwards, if it still bothers me then.

It's also the same around cats, except the runny/stuffy nose.. It's just bothering me that until now it never bothered me, i've been around that same dog for more than a year, and it didnt do it to me until now.

It wouldn't bother me if I do have allergies towards dogs, I don't much like dogs anyways, but thats another story.

BreanuhhRena
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:46 PM

And, this is one of the symptoms that led me to believe I was pregnant in the first place.

greenhazel96
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I am pregnant and that happens to me with all animals and befor I wasnt allergic to any.
BreanuhhRena
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Quoting greenhazel96:

I am pregnant and that happens to me with all animals and befor I wasnt allergic to any.

It's weird.. It does run in my moms side of the family, but they were all born with it.. I was thinking it could be something with the baby, but apparently that cant happen says the one up there.. ^. 

greenhazel96
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Quoting BreanuhhRena:

Idk, ill find out once sh is born in two weeks! Did their allergies go away after?
BreanuhhRena
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

No, they were born with the allergies, the ones alive to this day still have them. The deceased ones died with them. Could you let me know if yours go away or not? I've never met anyone who had this happen to them too. I wanna know if it could just be from being pregnant, or what. I havent spoken to my doctor about it just yet, But, i am going to ask!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured