Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did your?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 2 Replies

When in your pregnancy did your nipples start to get bigger? Pre-pregnancy I had very small areolas and the ball of my nipples very small and almost flat, when not hard they were even with the areola, and when hard barely stuck out. I am almost 16 weeks pregnant now, and while they have gotten a little darker, I have noticed very little change in the size of my nipples, including the "ball" of it. It may stick out a tad farther but not really noticeably and it definitely has me very concerned with whether or not I'll be able to breastfeed. I want desperately to breast feed and I am curious if there are woman who had their nipples get bigger in the 3rd trimester or something?? Or if there are woman with "flat" nipples who were able to breastfeed? I feel like they should have gotten bigger by now but they aren't seeming to.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mrswalker2012
by Erica on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM
I was the same in the beginning, barely seeing a change but now in the third trimester I see a huge change. They are way darker and my nipples have gotten bigger too, it just takes time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM

You will notice them change soon.  Especially after you start nursing!  Then you won't even recognize them.  =\

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured