Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

29 weeks measuring 33 weeks..What could be the cause?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm 29 weeks pregnant, and today at my visit I measured 33 weeks. The doctor didn't really explain what could be the cause or concerns from this. I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing something similar. (also have had a sugar test and everything came back normal- no gestational diabetes) that i know of.

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:01 AM

It could be the baby is big. Or you could be that you are 33 week pregnant

bellawomen
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:08 AM

It could simply just be the position of the baby.  Don't worry :)

CatherineA670
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:32 AM
I had that I was 30 weeks and measured 34 it's nothing to be worried about or to get excited about I was told it could be a big baby or lots of fluid. I stopped growing at 37 weeks and now I'm 41.4 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Big baby, baby's position, lots of fluid, or provider error. If you are still that far ahead next appointment they might order an ultrasound to check the size and fluid levels.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OhSnapMom
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I'm 29 weeks & I've been measuring about 2 weeks ahead by the fundal measurements the whole time. Could be that you have extra fluid or a big baby. I wouldn't be too worried if your doctor isn't. :)

funhappymom
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Congrats on your pregnancy.

As others have said, there could be many reasons why you are measuring larger. If your doc isn't worried, then you shouldn't be either.

Tiffnkids
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM

ok this might sound gross....but what about being constipated? TMI TMI TMI but I looked HUGE bc I couldnt poo that often and when I finally went I lost a TON of belly...sorry Gross...but I hate it that the drs measure and go so much on their tape measure thing..... the babys position can change things...I do not think it's cause for worry.... maybe baby had a growth spurt also.... and maybe will measure the same for the next 4 weeks also...could be many things that are not of concern. Good luck!

Paigew1986
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Thanks everyone for all the replys. I guess I'll just have to wait 2 weeks until my ultrasound. atleast now there is a little less worry. I'll update in 2 weeks once I get some answers :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN