Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Spinning Babies???

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

OK...so at my ultrasound yesterday (34 weeks) to check on baby girls position, it was found that she is transverse oblique (sp?).....laying sideways with her shoulder in my cervix.  My doc warned me that if she didnt get her head down then we will have to deliver by C-section.  Now this is my 4th child and I have not had to have a section before and really don't want to start now. 

Any advice on how to get the baby to move?  Doctor didn't have any advice on that just said all we could do was wait and see... : /

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffs2009
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Spinning babies.com.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purvislets
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Mine was the same way. At my 36 week appointment she was head down. I looked at spinning babies but due to some of my medical issues I couldn't really use a lot of the techniques. I did start leaning forward more often and trying to expand my belly using gravity as much as possible to give her more room to turn.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Did you check out the spinning babies website?

I would suggest finding a chiropractor who uses the Webster's technique.

MagickalMommy
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM

My babies flipped around constantly at the end of pregnancy. As pp sugested try the spinning babies site and chiro. I went to a chiro the last time to get my guy flipped and it worked though he was still facing the wrong way so had a longer labor and had back labor.

I've heard of babies not getting into position until labor started.

Good luck!

RochelleFS
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM

You sound exactly like me. 4th baby and this one was transverse oblique also. I have been doing spinning babies for the past  month. She is head down but still sunny side up. We are planning a homebirth so definitely didn't want a section. It doesn't hurt to try the excersizes. I like them because it helps take pressure off all the right places. good luck

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:13 PM

You can also see a chiropractor and they may be able to help encourage baby to move. Good luck!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Lots of options here, and yes I think they cover everything pretty well over at the spinningbabies website.

You can start with exercises at home, but also consider Webster, moxibustion, pulsatilla, acupressure, etc, too.

GL!
:-)

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Your Dr can try an external version at 37 wks & with transverse it isn't actually dangerous like a breech either, suprised she didn't mention it!!!

http://www.spinningbabies.com/ has some great tips too I remember my BFF found it but ended up doing the version at 37 wks & it worked!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Quoting MagickalMommy:

My babies flipped around constantly at the end of pregnancy. As pp sugested try the spinning babies site and chiro. I went to a chiro the last time to get my guy flipped and it worked though he was still facing the wrong way so had a longer labor and had back labor.

I've heard of babies not getting into position until labor started.

Good luck!

My 2nd son was OP until mid labor, we literally WATCHED him flip, felt insaine down in my lady parts lol...........pushing a OP baby out vaginally works best on all 4s btw ;)

KDouglas2
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Thank you ladies!  I checked out spinning babies and have been doing the inversions...will definatley try some of the other techniques as well.  Can't really afford to go to a chiropractor so hopefully she will get herself in gear and move.  Will have another scan in 2 weeks to check.  Thanks again for all the responses.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)