Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glucose test.

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have to do my glucose test next Thursday. :(
So not looking forward to it. I remember how awful it was with my first pregnancy. Hopefully we will get good results!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Momma2013
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Mine was EASY! Tasted good too. I got the orange one, she also had fruit punch and lemon-lime (kinda like flat sprite).

how long ago was your first pregnancy? I heard they've changed a LOT in just the last few years.

babylove041810
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I chose orange lol. And dd is 3 1/2 now. So it's been a few years. How was the orange?

Quoting Momma2013:

Mine was EASY! Tasted good too. I got the orange one, she also had fruit punch and lemon-lime (kinda like flat sprite).

how long ago was your first pregnancy? I heard they've changed a LOT in just the last few years.

Momma2013
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Really tasted like those little hug juices that kids get. I mean it's not delicious, but with 5 minutes to drink it - EASY. However, I don't have any problems, no morning sickness, no cravings or anything. The only thing that really makes me pregnant is this baby in my belly. I had serious issues with energy the first trimester but nothing since. No other symptoms, oh but I don't get AF once a month either.

Oh and another tip, I eat all day every day so when I heard you're not suppose to have sugar before you go in, I just did mine early in the am so I was kinda hungry - getting anything in me felt GREAT! :)

babylove041810
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM
They told me I could have a light breakfast. Like a piece of fruit. I have to be at the office by 8:30 but I can drink it whenever since they sent it home with me. I just have to be there within 40 min of drinking it. The hug drinks aren't to bad. Maybe if I just chug it it won't be awful lol. I've had just about every symptom this pregnancy. My main one atm is energy... I have none. And my sugar drops a little. So this test is really important this time.

Quoting Momma2013:

Really tasted like those little hug juices that kids get. I mean it's not delicious, but with 5 minutes to drink it - EASY. However, I don't have any problems, no morning sickness, no cravings or anything. The only thing that really makes me pregnant is this baby in my belly. I had serious issues with energy the first trimester but nothing since. No other symptoms, oh but I don't get AF once a month either.

Oh and another tip, I eat all day every day so when I heard you're not suppose to have sugar before you go in, I just did mine early in the am so I was kinda hungry - getting anything in me felt GREAT! :)

Momma2013
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM

They said you could have fruit? I wasn't allowed that, they said if I need something no sugars, not even natural. Just toast or something plain. Good luck! Hopefully you pass this with flying colors!

Quoting babylove041810:

They told me I could have a light breakfast. Like a piece of fruit. I have to be at the office by 8:30 but I can drink it whenever since they sent it home with me. I just have to be there within 40 min of drinking it. The hug drinks aren't to bad. Maybe if I just chug it it won't be awful lol. I've had just about every symptom this pregnancy. My main one atm is energy... I have none. And my sugar drops a little. So this test is really important this time.

Quoting Momma2013:

babylove041810
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM
They don't want me having any carbs before the test because carbs turn into glucose and they want accurate results. I probably just won't have breakfast before. The test is early so I might just wait until after to eat. I'm hoping the results are good as well. Thank you :)

Quoting Momma2013:

They said you could have fruit? I wasn't allowed that, they said if I need something no sugars, not even natural. Just toast or something plain. Good luck! Hopefully you pass this with flying colors!

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting Momma2013:

greentealover18
by Kait on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM
my glucose test is tomorrow and I was told not to eat or drink ANYTHING other than the lemon like crap they have me

Quoting Momma2013:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting Momma2013:

babylove041810
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:41 PM
I know I'm not supposed to drink anything except water that morning. But they told me it didn't have to be fasting.

Quoting greentealover18:

my glucose test is tomorrow and I was told not to eat or drink ANYTHING other than the lemon like crap they have me

Quoting Momma2013:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting Momma2013:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured