Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Birth control after pregnancy.

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
  • 21 Replies

I am due March 15th, 2013. I want to get put back on birth control as soon as possible after I give birth. My doctor told me, since I want to breastfeed, that it would be perfectly fine. BUT, I do not want to get put back onto the pill. I'm very forgetful, especially since by then I will have my daughter to think about, I highly doubt I'll remember to take my BC pill. I've also been on the depo shot before and I had a heavy flow period for 3 straight months, so I was taken off of that as well. I was wondering what your opinions were on which BC I should take?

having a baby

by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffs2009
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM
While bfing you can only have the mini pill or copper t iud.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MochaBerry24
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:03 AM

condoms. 

TLQSlovesME
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:05 AM

That's not what my doctor said. She told me that it did not matter what type of BC it was, it is safe to be on while breastfeeding.

Quoting tiffs2009:

having a baby

tiffs2009
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:06 AM
It's "safe" but the hormones mess with ur milk and will dry you up FAST!

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

That's not what my doctor said. She told me that it did not matter what type of BC it was, it is safe to be on while breastfeeding.

Quoting tiffs2009:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
I ebf and before I was discharged after giving birth, she gave me the depo shot right there. So that way, by 6 weeks it was already active... but since you were taken off of it, I have no idea... bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TLQSlovesME
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Hm, I will have to ask someone next time I go in.

Quoting tiffs2009:

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Quoting tiffs2009:

having a baby

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM
My dr has told me the same things. Hormone bc is not good.
I plan on getting the copper Iud (ParaGuard?). It is non hormonal and doesn't have to be taken every day. You should read into it! :0)

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Hm, I will have to ask someone next time I go in.

Quoting tiffs2009:

Quoting TLQSlovesME:

Quoting tiffs2009:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:42 AM

There are iuds but I've heard a lot of horror stories about them. There is the patch or the ring. I myself just use condoms because hormonal birth control really messes me up and the iud is too risky plus it doesn't prevent pregnancy, just implantation.

ShaunaWanna
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM
My friend is on the patch, and after she ebf for her dd, her doc told her that it was fine to take, and won't affect her milk as long as its been established for awhile, doc said about 8 weeks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TLQSlovesME
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I might look into that, but it really depends on what my insurance carries ya know? :/ I know they cover the NuvaRing because my Aunt is on that & she's had no problems but she didn't breastfeed either. I'll just have to ask my doctor what is best for me to be on.

Quoting ShaunaWanna:

My friend is on the patch, and after she ebf for her dd, her doc told her that it was fine to take, and won't affect her milk as long as its been established for awhile, doc said about 8 weeks!

having a baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)