Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dilating and effaced.....

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:33 AM
  • 16 Replies

Okay please tell me im not the only one that is 37 weeks and still not dilated or effaced? It was very dissapointing to me when my Doctor told me today that im still at Zero... I feel as if my body isn't doing what it's supposed to be.. I know it's normal  but i can't quit thinking about it. i just need some reassurane from all you momma's :) 

UPDATE: I had a Dr. appointment this morning, and im finally at 1cm, but im still not effaced at all yet. The Dr. said that by next Thursday if im dilated and at least a little effaced that he can induce me... the 18th is the earliest he will be able to b/c i have to be 39 weeks. :), i love getting good news!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melroseb1230
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I never knew with my first two if I dilated before I went into labor, my doctor never checked until I started feeling contractions, With this baby I was checked last week (36wks) and was thinned out but not dilated at all. It's different for every pregnancy, some don't dilate at all until they are in real labor.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM
3 moms liked this

Here is a reason I hate that they check. It tells you nothing and just stress women out. Your body is doing right what it needs to do. Everyone is different and some go into labor with no signs, no dilating or effacement. 

doulala
by Emerald Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

May be a few days or a month & a half away yet, you are normal!    ;-)
You don't need to start dilating until it's Time for baby to come out, that may I don't get checked in my pregnancies-- this really really helps to avoid those feelings (and the risks).

Have you considered declining these offers?

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

mem82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

With my first, I went into labor 2 days past my due date, dilated maybe an cm. Don't worry. 8)

Ludvik_Smith
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

With my first, I didn't dilate or efface at all until they begain inducing me at 41 weeks. 

Jacindasmommy
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Thank You all. I' am due Christmas Day but i was kinda hoping that i would have her before then b/c my Fiance' and I have just gotten our very own home, and already have almost everything finished in it... including her nursery but we are going to wait to move in as a family and celebrate her first Christmas with her. I Would rather not be in the hospital on Christmas, but i guess i will just wait and hope that she comes a little early, with out trying to make my self dilate by walking. and other natural ways.  

MrS.GiFFord
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesnt matter if you are right now or not. I was 1 cm at 37 weeks with my first and didnt give birth until 9 days after the due date lol.

Jacindasmommy
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM

well thankfully my doctor is only going to let me go 1 or 2 days passed mine haha.. i couldn't imagine 9 or 10 days past 

mama2gg
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
You don't d or e till close to birth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roadfamily6now
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Why are you being checked?  Are you high risk?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured